Spot the player offside and goal still given

Right I`m not 100% sure about the offside rule but surely the lines man would have spotted this lol

2i7bvrq.jpg

Theres 5 of my team in offside positions is this a bug or something i have seen it a few times but thought id post it this time as surely the Hull players wouldnt leave this many of my team unmarked lol

Well they're not really unmarked are they if they are offside - they are not a part of the move at this stage

Many teams used to employ the tactic of the defence running out just before a free kick is taken to make everyone on the attacking team offside....

I think the key here is if the players are interfering with play which has been a bit of a grey area since the rule was brought in.

From an attacking perspective, none of the offside players touched the ball so they weren't involved in the passage of play.

From a defensive point of view, the goalkeeper might have been unsighted by one of the offside players blocking the flight of the ball. From your screenshot this looks the case but neither the ref nor the lino were in a position where they could have seen that.

I wouldn't blame the lino; he couldn't have flagged if the offside players didn't get involved. On a side note, it's another thumbs up to the match engine realism.

Grey area of the offside rule though. I'd say player a is definitely interfering though - he's in an almost directly straight line between the ball and the keeper, while players b are making possibly distracting runs.

I wouldn't have given it :)

The current match engine didn't seem to be able to deal with complex situations. A very common sight in the extra time is that a offside will be called exactly when the pass is made, even if the offsided player might not or definitely will not be involved in the attack. My memories could be faulty though....

no big deal really its happened very rarely say maybe 4 times max since i bought fm on release day , far more annoying is the game when the gk scored against me ....from a goal kick or when he kicked it from his hands one or the other i could upload them pkm if anyone wanted a laugh:mad:

The current match engine didn't seem to be able to deal with complex situations. A very common sight in the extra time is that a offside will be called exactly when the pass is made, even if the offsided player might not or definitely will not be involved in the attack. My memories could be faulty though....

I've only seen that happen once since 10.3, I think it was mainly fixed.

Archived