POSSIBLY the latest goal ever conceded on fm!

scribs

the worst thing is i hit the post 3 times aswell and thought i had the game wrapped up... then everything started to go wrong but these things happen ive just never seen a goal scored this late so i thought id share my failure of my team with u guys lol

+9 minutes is pretty unusual to be honest! Although I recall in real life a Gills vs Man City game which was around that amount of extra time. Man City completed a spectacular come back that day too courtesy of Paul Dickov!

Must be a Man City thing!

Hows the season going in general?

+9 minutes is pretty unusual to be honest! Although I recall in real life a Gills vs Man City game which was around that amount of extra time. Man City completed a spectacular come back that day too courtesy of Paul Dickov!

Wasnt that the playoff final. 1999 i think :confused:

seasons going good but with birmingham it isnt really a challenge because they let u spend so much money and with dzeko! hes incredble

in my first season i got champions league in my second season i done the treble , we are now in the third season and im currently 60 million in debt lol and im just waiting for the window to open so i can sell half my squad

seasons going good but with birmingham it isnt really a challenge because they let u spend so much money and with dzeko! hes incredble

in my first season i got champions league in my second season i done the treble , we are now in the third season and im currently 60 million in debt lol and im just waiting for the window to open so i can sell half my squad

How do they have so much money?! Sounds like you have done extremely well. It normally takes me a while to win anything. My quickest success has beenin FM10 actually (in previous FM's it has taken me a while to win anything big) where I won the Prem with my beloved Spurs in the 2nd year, struggled in the 3rd season though.

I would say Spurs are ahead of Birmingham at the start of the game, so your achievement is even more impressive....how the hell did you get Robinho, Dzeko and Sissocko in your 2nd year?!

How do they have so much money?! Sounds like you have done extremely well. It normally takes me a while to win anything. My quickest success has beenin FM10 actually (in previous FM's it has taken me a while to win anything big) where I won the Prem with my beloved Spurs in the 2nd year, struggled in the 3rd season though.

I would say Spurs are ahead of Birmingham at the start of the game, so your achievement is even more impressive....how the hell did you get Robinho, Dzeko and Sissocko in your 2nd year?!

Dzeko sometimes becomes unsettled and transfer listed so I can see why

Robinho becomes transfer listed

and the 3rd he must of had the money.

they get 30-40 mil to start with and if u spend it over 48 months it becomes 120 mil...

i didnt think dzeko would come but i bid 22 mil and gave him 94k a week and he joined :D

sissoko cost me 14 mil and ive developed him into a world class midfielder

i signed robinho in the 3rd season and a whole host of other stars and after winning everything in the second year i decided i want 2 world class centrebacks in my squad so i spent 150 mil on vidic and chiellini

but now im in some serious debt... im having to sell ribery who i just signed this year along with a few other players

cityz.png

and its too bad ur a spurs fan! go goonersssssss :p

Apparantly only 2 minutes was added though so they should never have got to the 94th minute for the injury to take place. Unlucky really.

exactly i was shocked they didnt just end the match after the injury instead they made me substitute him and then forced me to watch my team concede in the 99th min

Is it common practice for refs to add 30 secs per sub and per goal? 3 gols (excluding the winner), 2 injuries and 6 subs (?)...I make that 5 and a half minutes. So 3 and a half minutes has come from somewhere....I guess we have to asusme players did some mental celebrations and the injuries were serious!

Apparantly only 2 minutes was added though so they should never have got to the 94th minute for the injury to take place. Unlucky really.

You mean a minimum of two minutes. Im sure you all know but just cause the ref says a minimum of 2 minutes added doesnt mean it will stop bang on 2 minutes..

There's also another corner exploit where you aim the corners to the far post and get a player who's a monster in the air to stand on the far post. They get a goal every game or so from that.

This could be the case with Dzeko but if a perfectly good normal corner routine exploits the ME in some way, what are you supposed to do? How many teams IRL cross the ball to their best header at the back post? The actuall corner setup isnt to blame, its how frequent you can score from them. Where do you draw the line with what is an acceptable routine and what isnt? Thats a discussion for another thread though.

I had the same thing happened to me last night with my Luton game. It is the 4th round of the FA Cup and I'm playing away to Stoke, by some miraculous good luck I am leading 2-1 and in the dying seconds of the game (must be like 30 seconds left on the clock in injury time) I'm thinking my boys have done it. Low and behold, Stoke get a corner and score, whistle blows and we head to extra time. I then lose 4-2, was very ****ed off :(

This could be the case with Dzeko but if a perfectly good normal corner routine exploits the ME in some way, what are you supposed to do? How many teams IRL cross the ball to their best header at the back post? The actuall corner setup isnt to blame, its how frequent you can score from them. Where do you draw the line with what is an acceptable routine and what isnt? Thats a discussion for another thread though.

my corner routine is back post but i dont see that as an exploit, if my best striker can header over a defender then he deserves to score

but furthermore proof that it isnt a corner exploit can be seen in these screenies

dzeko has scored 20 goals but see how many were from corners

dez15.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

corner.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

13 games into the season

OP - what happens if a goal is scored in extra time of a cup game ? then it would be later than the 99th minute goal for your opponents

Almost forget - how on earth could Birmingham win the League title in the 1st season ? Should I ask the question ?

did you even look at the screenshot pal? 5 goals from a corner and its november, i dont think it is

hate this damned corner cheat, all anyone goes on about if someone has a striker that scores goals!

Hopefully this wont be in FM11 as like you say, it takes away from the creditable achievements of posters here

Another classic FM bug. It's Man Utd that get ADDED added time, not Man City!

Not only that but they've started taking time off if they think the other team is going to score! :D

Is it common practice for refs to add 30 secs per sub and per goal?

The 30-second thing is a myth, the ref adds on whatever he thinks is approriate.

OP - what happens if a goal is scored in extra time of a cup game ? then it would be later than the 99th minute goal for your opponents

Almost forget - how on earth could Birmingham win the League title in the 1st season ? Should I ask the question ?

i didnt win it in my first season, i got champions league then in my second season i won everything

im in my third season now and im in the final of cl fa and about to win the league :D

but im going to sell everyone now and keep dzeko and my youngsters and try win the league without going bankrupt

and i was talking about the latest goal scored without extra time lol

i finished the season scoring 9 corners from the league and ive still won it

and once again no i wasnt using no ****ing corner cheat

but funnily enough dzeko cracked his skull and was out for 3 months after i took those screenies

Not only that but they've started taking time off if they think the other team is going to score! :D

The 30-second thing is a myth, the ref adds on whatever he thinks is approriate.

Not true, confirmation refs add on 30 seconds direct from Neil Warnock.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-we-are-top-of-the-league-and-there-are-only-another-40-matches-to-come-2082464.html

Neil Warnock saying it doesn't make it true; Neji was right.

It's supposed to be however much time the goals/substitutions/etc. in added time take - at the referee's discretion, not some arbitrary "30 seconds per goal".

(from Keith Hackett:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Referees-chief-Fergie-time-Atkinson-s-stopwatch-was-spot-on-in-Manchester-derby-article167431.html

and the FIFA Laws of the game (rule 7):

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf )

Neil Warnock saying it doesn't make it true; Neji was right.

It's supposed to be however much time the goals/substitutions/etc. in added time take - at the referee's discretion, not some arbitrary "30 seconds per goal".

(from Keith Hackett:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Referees-chief-Fergie-time-Atkinson-s-stopwatch-was-spot-on-in-Manchester-derby-article167431.html

and the FIFA Laws of the game (rule 7):

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf )

Theres lots of things not in the laws of the game that are changed all the time. ie The directive that players in the English league shouldnt kick the ball out of play for an injured player. Youre wrong, its widely accepted by everyone, even in official meetings. Of course the refs boss is going to come back and say its not official, it isnt. But Ive shown proof the managers are told that.

You think Moyes got mad for no reason or he was told the same thing at the same types of meetings.

Theres lots of things not in the laws of the game that are changed all the time. ie The directive that players in the English league shouldnt kick the ball out of play for an injured player. Youre wrong, its widely accepted by everyone, even in official meetings. Of course the refs boss is going to come back and say its not official, it isnt. But Ive shown proof the managers are told that.

You think Moyes got mad for no reason or he was told the same thing at the same types of meetings.

No. I think Moyes got mad because the time added on beyond the announced stoppage time was plainly far less than the time the ball had been out of play during stoppage time. The referee got it wrong either way, but that doesn't mean there's a 30 second rule. If it comes down to Neil Warnock's word against Keith Hackett's and the FIFA rulebook, I'm not sure why I should believe Warnock.

Archived