More extensive reports on loaned out players.

I often loan lots of youngsters out to give them experience, and I just think it would be helpful if I was given more information about it.

All it says at the moment is whether the player enjoyed it or not, how many games they played and their average rating, which doesn't really mean anything to me. I would rather the assistant gave a report on the players loan, such as a star rating out of 5 for how successful the loan spell was, and how much the player improved during this time. It could state which stats improved, by how much, and just generally other things such as this.

Thoughts?

I think more feedback about how the loan spell has helped/hindered the players progression would be useful. Maybe your assistant/scout should make an assessment on how the loan spell affects the players position in your first team plans - shoudl he now be in the 1st team squad afetr a blinding loan spell int he championship, or did he perform excellently in a poor/low level league? Did he play at a low league and under perform? Why was this? etc.

As with everything in FM (generally), the more feedback the better.

Very good ideas, all of these. Can imagine some great news items coming from such reports. It's these little bits of interaction that bring personality to the game so the more the better.

Joe Bloggs has returned to Southend from his loan spell at Mansfield. Bloggs proved himself to be an excellent performer at Blue Square Premier level, with an average rating of 7.46 over the 12 games he played. He was also something of a creative force, laying on 5 assists for his team-mates. While he really enjoyed his spell at the club, Mr Ass Man feels that he would have developed more had he played at a higher level. Nevertheless, he did improve slightly in the areas of crossing, creativity and teamwork.

Mr Ass Man recommends that you consider sending Bloggs out on loan to a League 2 team in the near future so that he can develop his skills more quickly at a higher level - he believes the boy has undoubted potential so it is worth your while investing time in his development.

Well I think we need more/better feed back on almost everything :) ... like why the player is refusing to learn a new move or why he felt that his tutoring was particularly disappointing, or why he refuses to go on loan at a specific club (but have no problem being loaned out to a lower-ranking club) etc.

Well I think we need more/better feed back on almost everything :) ... like why the player is refusing to learn a new move or why he felt that his tutoring was particularly disappointing, or why he refuses to go on loan at a specific club (but have no problem being loaned out to a lower-ranking club) etc.

Or which preferred move he failed to learn; I asked him to train that six months ago, I usually have no idea what I was trying to get him to do back then.

Or which preferred move he failed to learn; I asked him to train that six months ago, I usually have no idea what I was trying to get him to do back then.

Yep, this would be nice. It seems that a couple of those news items were put in very quickly without a lot of care or attention. Also, the stopped due to injury message.

However I believe we are already told why a player refuses to learn a new move "doesn't feel it would help his game" = player has a big ego and resents you telling him how to play; and the other reason is that he's too old to learn new tricks (can't remember the exact message).

We are also told why his tutoring was disappointing, almost always a personality clash. However, it would be nice if there was a message to indicate when the tutoring was successful but actually had negative effects as well, something like:

Joe Bloggs has told you he picked up several new moves on the pitch working under Barry White. However, your assistant Mr Ass Man has pointed out that with the two players working together so closely, White's lack of drive to succeed seems to have rubbed off on Bloggs somewhat

I often loan lots of youngsters out to give them experience, and I just think it would be helpful if I was given more information about it.

All it says at the moment is whether the player enjoyed it or not, how many games they played and their average rating, which doesn't really mean anything to me. I would rather the assistant gave a report on the players loan, such as a star rating out of 5 for how successful the loan spell was, and how much the player improved during this time. It could state which stats improved, by how much, and just generally other things such as this.

Thoughts?

I like it and would love for it to be implemented in FM11. :thup:

Archived