Is he worth that much?

AI Real Madrid paid 99m for a player? He didn't happen to join them from Luton? ;)

Given his attributes I wouldn't be surprised if his CA was 190+ (assuming his footedness is in the mid range of 'left'). If I had a bankroll then yeah, I would pay 99m for him as those physical/defending attribute combinations are unmatched in my save game (but I am working with a small database) and his physical attributes would go a long way to reducing the most common type of goal I concede whereby CBs look like they have the turning circle of a super tanker.

No one is worth that unless they have every single stat over 17. or something stupid.

This guy has all the right stats for his position and therefore he will be amazing, although id value him at 50-60million, a more realistic price.

I am not saying its justified but in 2068 99m is not much just like in real life year 2068. Maybe every club has more money than 2009-2010 and so the sale value in general of all players in high and 99m wouldn't be much if he has very CA/PA. Like Divine said it could be because of basic economics :p

There's no inflation in the game. Just to clear that up.

I agree, however somehow there s something going a little bit this way. In some future years, a few dominant and rich European clubs (which might change a bit btw in long run) will have more than100M to spend, and could spend 100M on one single player (well if they find a team to sell a player that price : it only happened in my save when I was selling, which makes me think the player in OP was sold by the OP). AFC, Man U, Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Man City belong to those teams (then for other teams it depends on saves I think but in mine West Brom, Cardiff and Coventry are not too far :D). While at the start of the game and during the first seasons, you would never see/be able to do that.

Another thing though, I ve bought players from these teams at that price or close to sometimes, which might explain their budget. Maybe Dafuge and Herchie could give their thoughts on this :)

andrewpaton.png

He his good, but i wouldn't pay that much for one player. I guess if they have that sort of money though, then why not spend it..

Offtopic - does that skin not hurt your eyes? I see alot of people using the default Light skin.

I switched back to the default skins recently, and i tried the white one but my eyes were hurting after 2 days of using it. So i had to switch to the default Dark skin.

Which is a shame as i find the Light default skin neat and tidy, but the whiteness really hurts my eyes after a while of staring at it.

Why is he a right back when he's left footed? I know Denis Irwin played on the left, but it does seem a bit strange that he can't operate on the left too.

This seems to happen quite a lot in FM and it's a bit annoying and unrealistic imo. Good player but another example of the unbelievable prices (imo) demanded in FM10- and I can't believe anyone, even Real would pay 99 million for a defender.

Why is he a right back when he's left footed? I know Denis Irwin played on the left, but it does seem a bit strange that he can't operate on the left too.

This seems to happen quite a lot in FM and it's a bit annoying and unrealistic imo. Good player but another example of the unbelievable prices (imo) demanded in FM10- and I can't believe anyone, even Real would pay 99 million for a defender.

Yeah id train him on the other side of defence too, can never have enough versatility in your squad.

If they can pay that much for ronaldo.....

Offtopic - does that skin not hurt your eyes? I see alot of people using the default Light skin.

I switched back to the default skins recently, and i tried the white one but my eyes were hurting after 2 days of using it. So i had to switch to the default Dark skin.

Which is a shame as i find the Light default skin neat and tidy, but the whiteness really hurts my eyes after a while of staring at it.

Some people use white skin due to cut out faces. No need though if you have good quality ones.

My very basic estimate-based maths gives more like £750,000 per game. Anyone else want to try?

What? Just what? He plays 50 games, his price was £99,000,000, that's so close to 100/50 its unreal. Basically, without bonuses, just under £2 mil per game. Where did you get £750,000 from?

This seems to happen quite a lot in FM and it's a bit annoying and unrealistic imo.

I've had the same issue. Appearantly the correlation between footedness and position is a bit wonky in FM, especially when it comes to fullbacks. That's easily taken care of though and other regen issues like the generally poor goalie mental stats are much more annoying.

plus 199,000 a week wages, plus bonuses, whatever they are, plus the signing on fee/250.

So £400,000 (transfer fee per game over 5 seasons) + £190,000 (wages per week) + bonus

As its close I guess we can compare 50 games with 52 weeks. Just need to know the bonuses...and signing on fee! Either way its likely to be about £700,000

Archived