Player not returning from international duty

I'm playing Luton and one of my players got called up for international duty with the New Zealand squad for the OCE Nations Cup. I'm currently at the start of February (9th) and his last match with the NZ squad was 15/1 and he is not returning. At the start of January he returned for practically two days before buggering back off to New Zealand again, now the next fixture New Zealand have scheduled is about 7 weeks away, why won't he return?! He's one of my star players and I want him back.

I thought the ONC had some sort of qualifying round. After that,there is some sort of main tournament. Maybe the fixtures haven't been announced? Maybe you should look through the rules and the schedule of this tournament what's and why this is happening.

In all seriousness, I've had a situation once (I believe it was an a Cook Islands player - but don't quote me on it) where he was on international duty for much longer than he really should have been. However, I had the opposite situation. Him being over there made it incredibly difficult to have him sold off. :mad:

I agree with Remco, double check the rules, and see if that explains it.

It's a rare bug that has been in the game for a while. I first remember seeing it in about FM07 where a player of mine got called up to the Brazil squad and he didn't ever return. The easiest solution is to simply get your hands on an editor and change his nationality to one like West German where its impossible for him to get called up or give him one for a nation he won't be called up for.

I thought the ONC had some sort of qualifying round. After that,there is some sort of main tournament. Maybe the fixtures haven't been announced? Maybe you should look through the rules and the schedule of this tournament what's and why this is happening.

Hmm...I'll look over the rules tonight then and see if there is any schedule detailing unannounced fixtures. I hope it's not that bug sanity mentioned :(

Archived