Human manager spoken languages

A question comes to mind as I see I now speak danish after 6 seasons in Denmark : do spoken languages really help getting a job ?

If so, wouldn't it be nice to add a "2nd/3rd spoken language" field when creating a human manager profile ? You can only add a 2nd nationality... some people can speak english without being English (or other english speaking nationality). Or german or whatever.

I agree it's a bit odd that you can't do this. I'd like starting as German manager fluent in German and English fluency who also knows French and Japanese at a basic level.

I've seen a similar post and many of the forum users agreed that you should be able to add spoken languages and it should at least ease squad harmony or such

I always start as Hungarian nationality, in my last LLM game after 11 seasons I've been in Brazil, Portugal, Denmark and now Italy. I can speak (not in game) 4 languages Hungarian, Romanian, English and German. In the beginning It should help to get say a German 4th division based club to hire me and not to be only accepted by Brazilian state clubs (If you load Brazil and set your reputation to amateur, you quickly notice that Brazilian clubs will hire you faster then some other minor European team)

Makes a big difference with job offers. I've found that if you start as an English manager but manage in a different country the job offers you get will come from England(assuming you've loaded those leagues up) which makes sense I guess.

Would be good to start the game multilingual though.

I really don't understand why this isn't in the game already because the way it automatically assigns languages is stupid. I'm Estonian, so the game for some reason assumes I must speak Russian. Which I don't, at least not fluently. I also have to add English as a second nationality to be able to properly manage a British club because otherwise my manager persona can't speak a word of the language.

I really don't understand why this isn't in the game already because the way it automatically assigns languages is stupid. I'm Estonian' date=' so the game for some reason assumes I must speak Russian. Which I don't, at least not fluently. I also have to add English as a second nationality to be able to properly manage a British club because otherwise my manager persona can't speak a word of the language.[/quote']

But he will learn it over time...I've played a manager who could speak 5 languages....

Makes a big difference with job offers. I've found that if you start as an English manager but manage in a different country the job offers you get will come from England(assuming you've loaded those leagues up) which makes sense I guess.

I think that might be more to do with your reputation (in England vs Continent) than your spoken languages.

Once I took Belgian, They can speak a fair few languages.

For some reaon, I also pick Belgian quite a few times :).

In game we know Dutch/French/German (our official languages), but I don't know any German at all (except for fingerspitzegefühl then :)).

My French is also quite basic. What isn't basic though is my English.

Southern-Belgians on the other hand barely know Dutch, French is their mother tongue.

So I'm all for picking your starting languages.

In my current game btw I know 10 languages :).

But he will learn it over time...I've played a manager who could speak 5 languages....
That's not the point. I do speak a bit of English so I'd like my virtual manager to also be able to, from the start. To achieve that I have to add a second nationality. It's just a bit stupid that one has to do that instead of just being able to pick languages manually.

• 3 months later...

Yes. You can learn a language fluently just by managing a foreign national team (or U21/U19 team for that matter).

In my current save (FM10 though) I managed to learn both Lëtzebuergesch & Maltese just by managing the respective U21 teams for a while.

Archived