Quick question regarding random databses

For a fresh challenge I wanted to play a game on fm2010 with random players. How does player distribution work? Although all the players are random are the best ones distributed to the best teams eg do chelsea get better players than a league 2 side? I wouldnt want to play a game where the top 4 are getting relegated etc.

Also, is it actually fun playing like this?

Thanks!

I believe in the past it used to be exactly the same database (players, etc) but with just different names. Thus, if you started at Man Utd, it was very easy to see who was Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, etc etc.

this was 5 years ago though. I have no idea how they do it now, as I play LLM, and start with Basingstoke - so by the time I get to the Prem, all the normal players are dead/retired anyway!

For a fresh challenge I wanted to play a game on fm2010 with random players. How does player distribution work? Although all the players are random are the best ones distributed to the best teams eg do chelsea get better players than a league 2 side? I wouldnt want to play a game where the top 4 are getting relegated etc.

Thanks!

I've tried it and it's not fun at all.

I'm in 2046 now, with all "generated" players anyway - and that is fun.

Random players are not very satisfying, I'm afraid.

believe in the past it used to be exactly the same database (players, etc) but with just different names. Thus, if you started at Man Utd, it was very easy to see who was Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, etc etc.

Applies to all Football Manager versions (except first ones where player nationalities did not change).

I made several Random databases, that created almost full regens from beginning. FM 2008 8.0.2 newest one.

On FM 2010 best option is to go on holiday for some seasons.

I always played and still play FM 2008 with random database. That is fun.

Thanks!

First question: yep, the best teams get the best players. BUT, in my experience, they don't always compare to real players - Manchester United had 2 French players at the beginning (and C. Ronaldo, called Daniel, is now manager of Getafe having won World Footballer of the year for 8 years running. He's also Spanish.)

Second question: If you're a failure like me, who knows nothing about current football, it makes no difference. But I wouldn't say it's a different experience to playing with real players, aside from seeing, I dunno, Wayne Rooney as Tranmere Rovers manager.

I believe in the past it used to be exactly the same database (players, etc) but with just different names. Thus, if you started at Man Utd, it was very easy to see who was Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, etc etc.

this was 5 years ago though. I have no idea how they do it now, as I play LLM, and start with Basingstoke - so by the time I get to the Prem, all the normal players are dead/retired anyway!

I think they still do it and if you look in the Hall of Fame, the likes of Paisley\Fergie\Clough are replaced with different names but the relevant records stay the same.

Archived