[iPhone] FMH 2010 - trouble selling players

Playing as Man Utd in version 1.7, but can't sell any of my dead weight (including highly talented players who are simply surplus to requirements). I've tried transfer listing them, offering to clubs at ridiculously low prices, sending them out on loan, etc--rarely, if every, will clubs make a transfer offer. Any suggestions?

• SI Staff

What salaries are they on? - the most common cause for being unable to shift 'dead weight' is due to them having excessive salaries for their talent (in which case clubs simply won't want to come in for them as they realise that players aren't going to take a huge drop in wage for no reason).

The salaries vary from 16k-96k/week. Obviously, that makes sense at the top end (I've been playing FM/CM since CM 97/98), but the lower end just doesn't add up. Maybe they just aren't as desirable as I think they should be!

• SI Staff
The salaries vary from 16k-96k/week. Obviously, that makes sense at the top end (I've been playing FM/CM since CM 97/98), but the lower end just doesn't add up. Maybe they just aren't as desirable as I think they should be!

Could be - as a test one way to 'sucker' clubs in is to offer them for very little then try and negotiate upwards, that'll let you know if its purely a wage/interest thing (in which case no one will bite anyway) .... if they bite low down but won't negotiate upwards much then either you'll have to let them go cheap or wait until the clubs in question have more dosh/are more willing.

(there are certain times of the season traditionally when clubs will spend more - the summer for instance, mid-season clubs might not be so interested in unsettling their team and spending cash)

Archived