Do you ever see a defense spitting pass from midfield in the match engine?

I watched Xavi thread split the defense with a great pass tonight and thought that I haven't really seen this in the match engine, a player in midfield dissecting the defenders and laying on a chance for the striker. Maybe it's just my team? Does it happen?

Also I hope proper dribbling is in the new game, actually doing a trick to beat the defender, maybe even shimmy between a couple, lollipops, cruyff turns etc, rather than just kick it past and run.

i'm playing with sydney fc atm and i've developed one of their youngsters (Joe Gibbs) into a top playmaker for the league and he beats defenders with beuatiful dribbles to score goals and constantly slips a ball between defenders for my striker or one of my wingers. At 19 years of age he's now one of my best players and has been called up to the australian squad because of his genius. :D

It's a very common expression.

Particularly in English football when a quality strikers scores from >10 yds, and the commentator has already used the phrase "and he won't get an easier chance all day/season" and needs something new:

"that's meat and drink to a striker of Shearer/Van Nistelrooy/Rooney's ability". comes up 100 times a season.

Archived