When the big money rolls in..

Reaver

If he's 28 or older and it's a good offer I would sell, if he's any younger, I doubt it. A Key player is a key player, the only decent way to replace a key player is to in-advance know he's going and have a youth player training to replace him, or two even.

I try to keep my best players, As At. Madrid, Ive recently sold Torres (re-signed him from Liverpool) and Aguero, Both were tough decisions but i either A) Have to have a player ready to fill their spot or B) Their old and the money is good....

e.g. Torres i sold to genoa for £19million when he was 32 (i think) and Chelsea brought Aguero off me for £45million....

I refuse to sell other younger players like Darnell Situ, my leading CB, worth £16million and Genoa are giving me offers off £35million and above

Minutes after posting this Bolton came in for Shane Lowry.

I prefer to keep my bigger players when I'm in the lower leagues but as a good club I like to sell and go on the search for a replacement like dafuge said.

I would usually sell as I will find someone better.

I try to keep my best players, As At. Madrid, Ive recently sold Torres (re-signed him from Liverpool) and Aguero, Both were tough decisions but i either A) Have to have a player ready to fill their spot or B) Their old and the money is good....

e.g. Torres i sold to genoa for £19million when he was 32 (i think) and Chelsea brought Aguero off me for £45million....

I refuse to sell other younger players like Darnell Situ, my leading CB, worth £16million and Genoa are giving me offers off £35million and above

I would have sold. Are you not tempted by £35m.

I never sell my key players. It's very rare although lately I've been selling some in their late twenties/ early thirties. If I sell a key player is either because he's past his prime or because I have or want to buy someone who's as good or better.

Having said that,

I just sold a player for 60mil.

If a club is offering good money then I will usually look to sell, then reinvest in youth.

However in my current game I'm trying to revive Inter after joining them and am in the process of overhauling the entire squad therefore am keeping hold of everyone key until it's all peachy ;) Seeing as the players in question are now moving into their 30's and I usually deal with young squads I'll give it till next season before I start selling indiscriminately :D

I would have sold. Are you not tempted by £35m.

Im tempted by it, but i need to soldify 2 CB's. In recent seasons ive had C.Zapata for about season then sold him on for more money, Same with Mamadou Sakho, i made a huge profit on both and picked up Sergiy Kryvtsov for £2million but then Situ was offered to me and he is a solid CB and wins plenty of aerial battles on corners

I try not to, but with Man City unsettling all my players, it's normally inevitable that they'll go.

I sign players young, develop them, than as they hit their peak, Man City announce their interest and they announce that they've been at my club too long. They proceed to be unhappy until either A) their contract runs out or B) Man City offer double their value.

As it stands, I already have £89m of players heading to Man City next season, and it looks like another £80m could be on its way out.

I tend to sell them on but only because I play as smaller clubs and the money is often to good to refuse and can provide some real stability for the club financially. I'm always quite happy when I've bought in a player on the cheap and then manage to sell them on at a profit. I've also never found myself in a situation where I am completely unable to replace the sold player with someone cheaper

I hate selling players, unless i really don't need them anymore. only at around 31-33 will i sell someone, if they're starting to drop in quality. I have a 33 year old central midfielder, and he's one of the best players in my team.

Also, when i list someone, i see the "doesn't want to leave" message, and i feel so guilty :(

I hate selling players, unless i really don't need them anymore. only at around 31-33 will i sell someone, if they're starting to drop in quality. I have a 33 year old central midfielder, and he's one of the best players in my team.

Also, when i list someone, i see the "doesn't want to leave" message, and i feel so guilty :(

Loving the emotional attachment.

I'll only sell a regular first team player if he's fairly old. And if I can locate a younger player to replace him. Sometimes I'll snap up a bargain only to sell them on next season for a profit. For example, on my current long term game, I've just signed a 26 YO world class DM on a free as his contract at Arsenal(long since a mediocre club only challenging regularly for the Europa) expired. I already had a very high quaility DM playing for me, and a top notch youth player that probably needs another couple of seasons before he could step into their first team boots. I loaned out the other DM for a 7 mil loan fee and a 25 million agreed price, as I didn't want to be forced to leave my youth player out of the line up (I like working with small first team squads, easier to keep happy, means I can pay more wages per player, and means if injuries are suffered, I can give a couple of U18s a chance). If the New DM cuts the mustard, I'll ensure the other is sold for the agreed price. I signed him for about 12 mil. So I'll make a massive profit. If I'm not impressed enough by the new guy(and I'm his international boss too, so he's got extra reason to keep me happy!), he'll be shipped out for a massive profit.

Other than that, I don't tend to do it. On my current game I've had a nasty habit of selling young players off relatively cheaply. for example, selling them for 5-10 mil, and seeing them go for 30 mill a few seasons down the line. Though the transfer market is ridiculously inflated on my game, at least for Liverpool (who are super rich thanks to my former managerial abilities, have over a billion), who in the past two seasons have spent 96 million on a striker, and 99 million on a centreback. Which is bad enough, before you realise they sold that centreback for around 30-35 3 seasons ago. It's all in vain though, Their glory days under me are over, I've been gone 5-6 years, and in the past 3 seasons, have been the team to beat.

I try to avoid selling club legends, (newgens that I have brought through as kids in my long term save).

Having said that every player has a price, and as mentioned above I don't sell promising youngster unless I think they can only be backup at best. In this case, clauses are always added.

Archived