• Created
  • Last Reply
Blimey, Aim_Less, that's CoD pricing!

Where is "we"?

´

i will explain

Steam in Europe is divided in 2 tiers

Tier 1:

Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Netherlands, Sweden or Switzerland.

Tier 2:

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain or the Vatican City

It seems that steam UK is not part of Europe so it uses its own currency and its the only exception because some other countries who don't have euros are forced to pay in euros

And for FM only pricing in Spain is also lower due to competition of a game that is more famous there than fm its called PC Futbol, also its sold both in spain and here

Here is Fm price in different Steam stores

US: $39.99 £ 25.71

UK: £39.99

EU: 49,99€ £41.78 <----------------------Tier 1 and 2 have same pricing with FM

AU: $89.99 £ 60.51

another example Worms Reloaded

US: $19.99

UK: £17.99

EU tier 1: 19,99€

EU tier 2: 14,99€

AU: $19.99 USD

In Fm case rest of Europe apart from Spain and UK pay's 50 euros

´

i will explain

Steam in Europe is divided in 2 tiers

Tier 1:

Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Netherlands, Sweden or Switzerland.

Tier 2:

Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain or the Vatican City

It seems that steam UK is not part of Europe so it uses its own currency and its the only exception because some other countries who don't have euros are forced to pay in euros

And for FM only pricing in Spain is also lower due to competition of a game that is more famous there than fm its called PC Futbol, also its sold both in spain and here

Here is Fm price in different Steam stores

US: $39.99 £ 25.71

UK: £39.99 £41.78

EU: 49,99€ <----------------------Tier 1 and 2 have same pricing with FM

AU: $89.99 £ 60.51

In Fm case rest of Europe apart from Spain and UK pay's 50 euros

and that just sums up why anyone buying it outside the Us is an idiot. Theres no excuse for charging non US people that much.

I get the feeling that the price is so high because you're paying for the Megadrive games rather than getting them as a nice bonus for pre-ordering the game. Some of those games were only very recently released onto Steam, so I doubt they'd be giving them away for free. So it's more of a limited period bundle deal than anything else, give it 2/3 weeks and you'll probably see the game drop down to £29.99 without all the megadrive tat (which it mostly is aside from a few good games).

I hope you are right. I am a steam convert and have purchased a few titles from them now. I dont mind paying a little more as you get to play the games on any PC and the automatic update is worth a bit extra....... but not 39.99 when you can buy it for £25.

I get the feeling that the price is so high because you're paying for the Megadrive games rather than getting them as a nice bonus for pre-ordering the game. Some of those games were only very recently released onto Steam, so I doubt they'd be giving them away for free. So it's more of a limited period bundle deal than anything else, give it 2/3 weeks and you'll probably see the game drop down to £29.99 without all the megadrive tat (which it mostly is aside from a few good games).

price is the same has last year and will remain 50 euros for along time

For £39.99, as much as I like Steam I'll be doing a box copy from whichever is cheapest out of Xavvi online or HMV with my 30% discount.

Sad thing is, I almost feel bad buying it from the cheapest outlet this year as I have an abundance of love for FM, SI, and even Steam. That said, there's a lot of games coming this fall and it's time to get all scottish on what comes outta my wallet.

you guys think you can complain?!?!

Steam in Australia has the game for $89.99 US

this is such a disgusting rort its almost criminal

Completely agree, but I think thats more to do with Australia than Steam =)

Game and EB had Starcraft 2 on sale for $100!

agreed, i dont blame steam. most shops will sell at about the same price

although in this day and age with the global economy it makes no sense that we pay such different prices. import duties and ecomonies of scale are generally to blame however i cannot see how it justifies such a large difference. thats because it doesnt

there is no shipping and import costs in digital goods so its a freaking robbery

If I were to purchase FM from the UK or US via Steam, then go to Australia, would the game get angry at me once it realised my IP was in a country where I should've paid double?

if your credit card is from australia yes , for avoiding problems you must contact steam support saying that your traveling and there is a chance you buy a game in the US so they don't flag your account has a fraud attempt

its a matter of your credit card address

If I were to purchase FM from the UK or US via Steam, then go to Australia, would the game get angry at me once it realised my IP was in a country where I should've paid double?

I moved here from the UK this year, and all my games on Steam were bought in the UK. Steam seems happy =)

What's to stop me buying it and gifting it to someone in Aus?

Nothing at all, I suggest Aussies avoid buying this altogether, have someone trustworthy in the US gift it to you or use a VPN and a fake US address to buy from the US store. $89.99 is a bloody joke.

1. I am living in Japan
  2. SEGA is a Japan headquartered company
  3. Offering the FM via a digital delivery will not cost them any extra shipping fees.
  4. There is no official distributor in here. NOBODY, NO OTHER COMPANY in here are selling the game. NO ONE! So there cannot be any conflict.
    Yet I still see this message:
    "This item is currently unavailable in your region"

Bullcrap!

Cannot be bothered really.

Nice job SEGA and SI :(

Patience my friends, there is always shops selling before the release date.

Each year for the past 4 years I've got my copy of the new game at least a day early and paid at most £29.99 - which i can tolorate, especially as it's early.

This year will be no different.

Archived