lol do you ever do that?

I am in UEFA Europa League

After 5 games I guaranteed to get out of the group.

M. Haifa had 8 points and Stuttgart had 6 points and my last game was against Stuttgart ( Home game )

and Since M Haifa scored and won against me at my home game I let stuttgart beat me and go through >.< and watch M haifa crying xD ;)

Do you do that too?

I would maybe consider it if I could stop a really strong team from going through (ie. If Barcalona were 3rd and could only go through if the team I was playing lost.)...This though has never happened to date.

I normally play to win, no matter who plays, as I like keeping my win % as high as I can.

The fans might moan a bit but it's hardly putting your job under threat. It's usually just a passing comment that doesn't have an impact on anything.

Having said that there are plenty of real life fans who do come out and complain any time their team loses regardless of the situation

i never said it was putting my job at risk, its just annoying when your board complains for 3 months cause your youth team lost 2-1 away to a team that finished 3rd, i was damn proud!

I think you will find that the majority of real fans (ie not the ones that follow a team just cause they win) would understand squad rotation once you have already secured the league, especially when you have the FA cup and CL final on the very near horizon...

i never said it was putting my job at risk, its just annoying when your board complains for 3 months cause your youth team lost 2-1 away to a team that finished 3rd, i was damn proud!

I think you will find that the majority of real fans (ie not the ones that follow a team just cause they win) would understand squad rotation once you have already secured the league, especially when you have the FA cup and CL final on the very near horizon...

At the end of the season if you have won the league and then go on to lose you last few games, the fans arent bothered, obviously happy that the club has won somethign despite the loss.

A similar thing should happen if you are playing the kids etc. If the kids performed admirable and got the quarter finals of the league cup then their achievement shoudl be recognised. Mabe the fans should only be upset if you get knocked out, as you should have played a stronger team (ie. not the kids)...

This is all difficult to work into the game though id imagine.

u get like 700k for winning a champions league game. with the debt i now have (new stadium cost) i cant afford to throw that sort of cash away.

i did once throw a game against luton though in the premier league so they would stay up. i like seeing small clubs do well

Archived