Match Attendance Bug?

Right, I'll fill you in a bit. Im Chippenham and have got them to the Premiership. The stadium is 4000 capacity, the same it was when I started as It was capped at 4000 seemingly. Anyway I managed to get by and throughout the Championship I was packing it out almsot every home game. (finished my last season in the Chamionship with 3,900+ average attendance) Now that Im in the Premiership I have plans for a new stadium which will be finished for next season.

My problem is that I've just played my first game in the Premiership at home to Bolton. Before the match I had this message from the chairman about a record low attendance. Thought it was very odd considering the fans have Premiership football now!

The actual attendance was, as predicited 300 people.

If anyone knows if there is a bug or knows what happened any input would be great. Will it continue throughout the whole season?

You may be right with regard to the Premiership, on closer inspection. However, a stadium of that size wouldn't have the required media facilities to be allowed in.

However, I'm fairly sure that at least 1,000 seats are required for admission to league 2.

Edit:

Actually according to league rules 4000 capacity/500 seats is required for admission

after 1 year 5000 capacity/1000 seats is required

after 3 years 5000 capacity/2000 seats is required

You may be right with regard to the Premiership, on closer inspection. However, a stadium of that size wouldn't have the required media facilities to be allowed in.

However, I'm fairly sure that at least 1,000 seats are required for admission to league 2.

He does have a big enough stadium for League 2 originally. However because in the Premiership you are only allowed all seater stadiums he only has 300 seats. This is a main problem imo when a small team rises through the leagues in FM. I dont think it plans for them so they dont have the required facilties until the second season. In truth irl the board would have tried to ground share with another team until the teams new stadium was built.

Ah yes youre right guys, it is only 300 seater! Damn this is going to be annoying haha. We're moving to the stadium that has 14,494 capacity and under soil heater. Is that going to be all-seater then?

I was gutted when I moved to L2 and requested a stadium expand and I couldnt get planning permission!

Oh well, thanks for the help guys. :)

See the figures I quoted above. It's funny, the requirements used to be in the game when FM was CM, I remember having to groundshare quite often and I think there was one time I was denied promotion a la Accrington.

SI have gotten rid of the stadium requirements in the game, mainly due to it infact mow being harder to get stadium improvements/builds done due to costs and tighter coding of chairman willingness. I know I'm for realism most of the time but this is one area where realism needs to butt out. How much would it suck if, after gaining promotion due to an injury time goal on the last day, you got the message: "X Town cannot be promoted to League division Y due to ground regulations which Z stadium doesn't meet, and will not be able to meet in time for registration."

Ah yes youre right guys, it is only 300 seater! Damn this is going to be annoying haha. We're moving to the stadium that has 14,494 capacity and under soil heater. Is that going to be all-seater then?

I was gutted when I moved to L2 and requested a stadium expand and I couldnt get planning permission!

Oh well, thanks for the help guys. :)

More than likely it will be an all seater.

SI have gotten rid of the stadium requirements in the game, mainly due to it infact mow being harder to get stadium improvements/builds done due to costs and tighter coding of chairman willingness. I know I'm for realism most of the time but this is one area where realism needs to butt out. How much would it suck if, after gaining promotion due to an injury time goal on the last day, you got the message: "X Town cannot be promoted to League division Y due to ground regulations which Z stadium doesn't meet, and will not be able to meet in time for registration."

In that case some sort of ground share arrangement would have to be implemented, that way, the realism is kept without the player being gutted that they can't win promotion.

Agreed. As stated before, maybe more ground sharing instead to add realism but if it isnt gained then promotion should still be granted.

Taking a lower league team to the top is my favourite way to play FM and loads of others agree Im sure so I agree realism in this part shouldnt be included

In that case some sort of ground share arrangement would have to be implemented, that way, the realism is kept without the player being gutted that they can't win promotion.

Ground shares are coded in the game, but they tend to be difficult to work. Otherwise AC and Inter wouldn't have seperate stadia.

I got Chelmsford promoted to the Premiership, and while our stadium was expanded to meet regulations (had been unable to expand before this due to lack of space and was stuck with a 3000 seater all the way to the Championship), we shared Southend's ground, Fossett's Farm, which was a 22000 all-seater. It was great to have the extra cash from gate receipts I must say.

Combination of groundsharing and the board upgrading the ground more willingly if it is much smaller than all the others in the league would be good.

For instance, with that Chippenham example, the board should have been forced to expand to > 5000/2000 within 3 years of promotion to league 2.

Once the team looks to be challenging to win League 1 it would be time to build a new ground for sure or do some proper expansion just to be able to sustain the 25% wage increase. Realistically they should be building out to 10,000 at least by that stage.

The worst thing about stadium expansion in FM2010 is the silly 20-year limit on new stadiums. Ie you can only get one every 20 years. Sure, I can't think of examples of teams getting new stadiums within 10 years of the last, but I believe it's that which hurt my st mirren save for long as the stadium at the start was "new" and I could see it hurting the "new" stadiums for just-prem-promoted clubs that are quite small and if you do well rapidly too small, despite you being stuck with them for 20 years. In my eyes, it being not that long since the last should count against a new stadium possibility for sure, however if it's economically viable to get a new one, and it'd make sense to do so, it should be allowed far earlier than 20 years. I mean for a club to be in a 10,000 seater stadium for years and years when they could easily be putting in 33,000-40,000 people a game is just financial stupidity, why wouldnt you try to build a new stadium?.

When I got Stevenage promoted to the Prem, I ground-shared with MK Dons for a year while they got my stadium upto Premiership requirements. It wasn't a new stadium though, just converting my current one to all-seater, but still, you should have been allowed to ground-share with someone really, it would have been a lot more realistic.

york city are in the prem in my game. They have just moved to a smaller stadium.

They were getting Ave attendances of just short of 10K.

Now they have moved to York community stadium which has 4000 seats and 2000 standing which they can't use.

Don't know if this a new stadium or one which already exists though.

Archived