I really hate the chairman!!!!

:)

THe previous season i won the champions league and the domestic title, and what does the chairman do? goes and sells one of my best player...the irony is my bank balance is completly healthy, no debt or loans.

is this a bug? i barely even made a profit on the player grrrr

60568016.jpg

15767667.jpg

Never had this with Ajax (Played around 5 seasons).

Ain't it because your finance are not good?

---

My game:

1st season: bought 17.5M sold 17M

2nd season: bought 92M sold 14.75M

3rd season: bought 113M sold 32.5M

4th season: just sold 3.4M

without any problems

Another thing you can try is offering a new contract to the player while he's in discussions with the other club, if he accepts your offer over the man utd one, he will stay at your club. It worked for me to keep a hold of a star midfielder for a bit longer, he left eventually anyway, but I was able to get almost double what was offered at that later time.

Also as said, high asking prices do dissuade bids, and even if you do get a bid with a high asking price, it's usually a high bid - one which you'd at least be well compensated for the loss of your star player.

RedArrow, your finances look very suspicious to me. from near zero to 400 million in a month. I'm pretty sure that if you sell all of ajax's players you don't get 400 million. I just call it how i see it.

That would be the start of the game.

my balance was at 30m when he did it to me. got a debt against the club as well because of them taking out a loan to build a new stadium. sold my 2nd choice right back for 7.5m, stupid tho as i then went out and bought a replacement at the same price.

in his defence though he has just ploughed another 79m into my bank :)

For my 6th season with Wigan I was given 19m transfer budget, then in January, just after I had finished spending it, Whelan sold my 1st and 3rd choice centre backs and gave me none of the money to replace them. They were good offers, but for the finances to change so suddenly was bizarre and to sell 2 players from the same position really ruined my season.

In fairness to the FM team though, that sort of thing is just like Whelan in real life!!

also what alot of people dont realise is that your bank balance includes your transfer budget.

If you bank balance is 40 mil and you get a transfer budget of 50 mil and spend it all, you will be 10 mil in the red, then the board may look to sell of players to get the money back..

granted they should not give you the money if they dont want you to spend it..

also what alot of people dont realise is that your bank balance includes your transfer budget.

If you bank balance is 40 mil and you get a transfer budget of 50 mil and spend it all, you will be 10 mil in the red, then the board may look to sell of players to get the money back..

Well I didn't realise that TBH. I'm not very experienced with FM and Champ, having only played CM4 and FM07 before this one. So I'm really something of a casual player and just tend to dive in and take transfer budgets and such at face value.

this is my answer....but take note i did train up a few regens that sold for good prices as well. Trust me, i sold most of my first team i wanted to start from scratch really.

this is my answer....but take note i did train up a few regens that sold for good prices as well. Trust me, i sold most of my first team i wanted to start from scratch really.

Yeah but how did you go from a negative balance from start (from your picture) to nearly £400m a month later? My experience with Ajax is that you'll get nowhere near the amount needed from sales even if you gut your whole team. Taking a price of £25m each it needs about 16 sales to get that, and the only players you'll get that price for are Suarez and vdWiel. Ok Aissati too maybe. At best the rest are in the £10m-£15m range.

Another thing you can try is offering a new contract to the player while he's in discussions with the other club, if he accepts your offer over the man utd one, he will stay at your club. It worked for me to keep a hold of a star midfielder for a bit longer, he left eventually anyway, but I was able to get almost double what was offered at that later time.

Also as said, high asking prices do dissuade bids, and even if you do get a bid with a high asking price, it's usually a high bid - one which you'd at least be well compensated for the loss of your star player.

yeah, a club bought one of my future defenders for £1.9m, so i offered him a contract worth £7,500 a week instead of his current £1000 per week... very annoying!

oh yeah, my finances had gone from "okay" to "insecure" though... but i couldn't lose this player!

Archived