Long Term Saves.

I'm currently playing a Birmingham save and its the 2017/18 season. I've won the league 5 times, the champ lge 3 times and various other comps. In previous FMs as soon as my team becomes too good i get very bored and start a new game in another league, but this year i can't seem to give up on my Birmingham game and im not quite sure why. It may be that there have been improvements too this years fm that makes longer games more enjoyable, or the fact that i want to develop my young players into world superstars. I actually think it is a bit of both, but for the first time in FM, i have won everything and still have the desire to play on. So well done SI.

What i would like to ask my fellow posters is, what do you prefer doing to keep long term saves exciting? Do you keep buying young players and try and develop them? Do you move on to another club once you have taken your current club as far as you can? Do you enjoy just winning all the time and becoming a legend? Do you prefer taking a team from the very bottom, to the very top? Do you just quit that save and start a new challenge? I'm interested to know how other players like to play long term saves.

Initially I just wanted to become a Man Utd icon, then I wanted to better Fergie, then overtake him at the top of the hall of fame. That happened a long time ago now...
Oh actually I'm hoping to get a son as well, but I don't hold out much hope.

What he said. Both. But change Man Utd to Arsenal.

2067, Man Utd

Do you keep buying young players and try and develop them? YES

Do you enjoy just winning all the time and becoming a legend? YES

2067?? Fair play to you mate, thats some shift! United still in debt or have you somehow managed to clear it?

Im in 2056 now. Started at Tottenham left after it become to easy. Went to Utd but quit after 6 months and went to Forest. Was at Forest for 10 or so years and left after winning the Champions League. Then went back to Utd who were now in the Championship. Have been there 16 years now and only reason im still here is i want a new stadium for them. Got a stadium named after me at Tottenham and a new stadium at Forest but the Utd board are not playing ball so far. Get over 96k (98k in the League) average in a 100k stadium with £450mil in the bank so not sure whats holding them back.

Could well leave Utd this season as Arsenal are on the brink of going down so might get them back to the top of English football.

I am in 2018/2019 with Wishaw (updated DB of the scottish leagues) and have no plans on stopping until FM11 comes out and maybe beyond that.

I have managed to win the league once and get to Champions league final once (lost to Genoa). My aim is to become the dominant force in Scotland ( currently Hearts dominate the league and have done for the last 3-4 years, Rangers are a mid tble team now and Celtic are on the downward spiral towards that) and Europe.

I also want to become a legend at the club. I cant understand why i am not one already to be honest as the team stated in the 3rd division with no favoured personell or any history. I have took them to the SPl won both cups numerous times and the league once and taken them to a champions league final. Surely that should be enough to become a legend?

Passed 20 years at st Mirren, we're winning a lot, but new youth players do keep it interesting, watching them grow (Or, sadly, occasionally not grow as much as I'd like). I dont play it as much now though, it's just a save for when I want to win all the time and see those players grow :p.

One thing that's kept the game interesting for me is nurturing not just talent - but scottish talent to be as good as it can be and then playing them in the scottish national side, which I've won the world cup and euorpean championships with, we lost the confederations cup final though to germany (who we beat in the euros) so I'm still hoping to win that cup in future.

Started out at Central Coast Mariners, stayed there until 2013 when a struggling mid-table Spurs team came a-calling. I'm just coming up to my 23rd season with them now.

The challenge is, as it always has been, to stave off the challenge of moneybags Man City, who haven't stopped spending / unsettling my players since I joined, and more recently Arsenal, who've also been taken over by a tycoon.

What's keeping me going this time is that I have two players who properly came through my academy, and so list Tottenham in favoured clubs, and never ever ever become complacent. They're both averaging over a goal a game this season :D I'm hoping to keep going until they both retire in about 8 seasons time.

I personally bring in as many young players as possible, because I want to feel responsible for developing the best players in the World. I also flick between international jobs for different challenges. I did a rags to riches save on FM08, which was great fun, but before FM10, I haven't had a long save of success since the CM days.

I start in the lower leagues so my long term saves don't tend to get to the stage where I'm winning constantly for many, many years. Keeps it interesting for me

I can't see the enjoyment in starting as an already very big club and playing for 20+ seasons with the one club

i always start as wolves, basically for a new challenge in fm11 im going to relegate them to BSP and rename them Wolverhampton City Wanderers FC (or something like that) remove cash, players staff etc and rebuild them. Im hopping to reach the EPL within 20 seasons and go on to with the CL within 40.

FM10 is the best game in the series regarding long term saves if you ask me. No matter which team you'll start with (even level 7-10 english teams included), at some point later in the game you'll dominate Premiership for years, winning european trophies as well, because of the great quality of the regens coming up through the ranks. Nothing compares with buying promissing 16-17 years old for free and turn them into world-class players.

2024 with Glasgow Rangers.

First I wanted to:

Build a team and clear debt, completed

Then I wanted to beat 9 in a row, currently 14 in a row.

Then become a legend, completed.

Have a great youth system, completed.

Win champions league, completed.

Become richest club, completed.

Become Worldwide rep, completed.

Get a stadium build and named after me, still waiting.

I love long term saves and find it hard to move clubs as the AI always ends up destroying what I took so long to build.

it was probably corrupt, did you try load the backup file?

No, but the backup file is saved a few days before when i last saved the original file, so i dont want to 'retrace'. Il have to win the league again if you know what i maen, its annoying!!

is there anyone who can havea look at it...

Archived