Quick question about re-training a player in a new position...

Under the training tab, you can view his progress in his new position... starts out as "awkward" and slowly but surely rising to to "accomplished", the longer he trains in his new position.

My question is, does his rating ever rise beyond accomplished? Does he ever get to become "natural" in his new position?

Yeah you can get it to 'natural' if the player naturally assumes that position. This rarely happens but in my experience can occur if you train a youngster at an early age AND if the positions are similar ie. right back coudl play centre back (especially if good at heading, marking and tackling)

Depends on how much you play him in that position, how high his adaptability rating is etc etc. Also I think you have to keep him training his new position, even when he becomes a natural.

Really? I want him to be a DM and a CM....... I have to choose? Can't he be natural in both positions like many other players are?

Once he reaches natural I want to be able to take him off that training and also bump up his CB rating (he is very good and has incredible stats for a youngster).

If I put him onto CB training... his CM rating will automatically start to drop?

I have had players learn a new position and become natural. they are then natural in their original position and their newly assumed position. If you start training them in another position ( a 3rd position if you will) you risk them losing their 'natural' status and move to the one below that.

Depends on how much you play him in that position, how high his adaptability rating is etc etc. Also I think you have to keep him training his new position, even when he becomes a natural.

Just want to make this correct- it's versatility, not adaptability. Adaptability is countries and cultures, versatility is football positions :)

Really? I want him to be a DM and a CM....... I have to choose? Can't he be natural in both positions like many other players are?

Once he reaches natural I want to be able to take him off that training and also bump up his CB rating (he is very good and has incredible stats for a youngster).

If I put him onto CB training... his CM rating will automatically start to drop?

He can be a natural in whatever positions he's 'born' with, and one other position. So yes, his CM ability will start to drop if you start training him as a CB.

Just want to make this correct- it's versatility, not adaptability. Adaptability is countries and cultures, versatility is football positions

Ah yes you're right.

Archived