Team Talks...

So i choose and option from the set list (pleased, not good enough, angry etc.)

My team comes back from a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2 (Y)

"Shane Long has praised Andy Rich for his inspiring half time team talk..."

I would like to have a bit more of an option when doing my team talks, so I feel as if my team talk actually did make a difference...

What do you think?

What sort of options do you think would be useful additions to the game?

The only 2 I can think of are something along these lines:

"Play better or your dropped the next game"

"Calm down a bit lad"

I dont want too much emphasis put on team talks though. Team talks can have an impact on games, but tactics and players are much more influential (in my opionion)

In 2011 they are doing lots of conversation based stuff, that could be included, i just think one of the most pivotal important parts of a match is cut down to 6 or so different options. I think there should be a much more realistic team talk function to make the game more immersive and to make it seem like your actually making a difference.

I think teamtalks aim to either upgrade a bit your team, downgrade them or do nothing. So 3 possible results depending on the choice you ll do. Add more choice and it will be difficult to fall on the right one.

However, if my theory is true, then SI could differenciate 2 levels of upside and downside effects, ending with 5 possible results (big good impact, low good impact, nothing, low bad impact, big bad impact). Thing is, I can't see impacts of teamtalks being too big, when people already complain about them and their influence on the game. Since I like teamtalks personally (though could be improved in some way), I have to agree results shouldn't be driven too much by TT.

So i choose and option from the set list (pleased, not good enough, angry etc.)

My team comes back from a 2-0 deficit to win 3-2 (Y)

"Shane Long has praised Andy Rich for his inspiring half time team talk..."

I would like to have a bit more of an option when doing my team talks, so I feel as if my team talk actually did make a difference...

What do you think?

I find the team talks can work. It often depends on your players AI personalities. If you are going to give them a HT rollocking for been behind in a game you think you should be winning, then individual talks can be better as some players who are low on proffesionalism can react in a bad way but others with a high determination level will (often) react in a positive manner. Those who are pretty fragile need encouraging.

I do agree with GioGio85 that some additional dialogue could be added as saying the same things week in week out will just have no effect on the players in the long run.

Archived