Why don't the media ever comment on your transfer policy?

If you've spent 100m+ or something, there's no under pressure to deliver stories, or if you promote from within and buy cheap they don't say that your success is even more impressive, or if you fail that the fans are angry that you didn't use your budget when you had the opportunity etc etc

Also if a big name player goes to another club, your never asked in one of the god awful press conferences why you didn't sign him (truthfully? I was holidaying through and missed it...sorry my bad)

also little things like having players/fans come out and compare you to the previous manager, or compare your successor to you- fans missing the ''good old days''. Maybe have an article praising you for bringing through players for the first team and national team. Maybe managers could have reputations as big spending, good at handling superstars or good at youth development which impacts upon which clubs will hire you depending upon their characteristics?

There is so so much that could be done with the media to make the game more immersive and much more varied, but it's just so so dull atm. Let's hope they've had a really big revamp for the new game.

If you've spent 100m+ or something, there's no under pressure to deliver stories, or if you promote from within and buy cheap they don't say that your success is even more impressive, or if you fail that the fans are angry that you didn't use your budget when you had the opportunity etc etc

Also if a big name player goes to another club, your never asked in one of the god awful press conferences why you didn't sign him (truthfully? I was holidaying through and missed it...sorry my bad)

also little things like having players/fans come out and compare you to the previous manager, or compare your successor to you- fans missing the ''good old days''. Maybe have an article praising you for bringing through players for the first team and national team. Maybe managers could have reputations as big spending, good at handling superstars or good at youth development which impacts upon which clubs will hire you depending upon their characteristics?

There is so so much that could be done with the media to make the game more immersive and much more varied, but it's just so so dull atm. Let's hope they've had a really big revamp for the new game.

I agree too TBH. Media overrally need a major revamp/overhaul. Let's hope that's done for FM11. :thup:

Cheers.

Media in the game -unlike in real life- don't comment on many vital things about one's team.

It's no surprise to see them not commenting one's transfer policy at all.

But it's a very difficult aspect to get right, so I don't have many hopes for any proper improvements in the following years.

I think this would be a great addition in the game. I woudl imagine many of us managers have our own specific approaches to the transfer market.

I normally only spend big bucks on a player that is desperatley needed to spark a revolution. Other than that I try to keep signings cheap and young (similar to Wenger). I then sell when I get a good price and replace this 1 players with 2 or 3 talented ones.

Would be good if this was picked up by the media.

Yes, you are picking up on an issue with the current game. I think that yeah, there should be many more options and stories within fm :)

I wouldnt say it was an issue, as the game isnt hindered in any way as present....would be something that would be a great introduction to the game though.

I wouldnt say it was an issue, as the game isnt hindered in any way as present....would be something that would be a great introduction to the game though.

The player's mentality, approach, strategy and character as a manager are not recognized by the game in any way, no matter how long the player plays.

It's not a major issue, but it's still an issue.

Archived