The Best Designated and Marquee Players

For Central Coast I had a couple. Goran Ljubojevic, who averaged a goal a game for 5 years (seriously, check him out - he's definitely at least Bolton quality), Brett Emerton was pretty wicked for a season, Dylan McGowan from Hearts looked good but ended up being rubbish, and James Brown (not that one), an Aussie central midfielder who was quite possibly Australia's best central midfielder.

I think the game could use some slight tweaks in this area.

In my experience it's really difficult to get any highly recognised players into these leagues when in reality it's starting to happen on a reasonably regular basis. Not to sure what needs to be changed but players late in their careers should be more open to moves to the MLS and A-League rather than simply retiring or rotting in the reserves of their European clubs

I think the game could use some slight tweaks in this area.

In my experience it's really difficult to get any highly recognised players into these leagues when in reality it's starting to happen on a reasonably regular basis. Not to sure what needs to be changed but players late in their careers should be more open to moves to the MLS and A-League rather than simply retiring or rotting in the reserves of their European clubs

Yeah, hopefully it'll be improved for FM11.

well Ronaldo, the fat brazillian one, was shopped around the a-league last month but was asking too much. This is IRL.

He's earning a reported US$1 million a month at Corinthians. He really has nothing to prove in the A-League...

Archived