Zinedine Zidane

Just signed Zidane as a First Team coach for my Arsenal team - for the princely sum of £925 per week. There may be better coaches out there (though he still rates a pretty decent 4 stars for Attack coaching), but I just had to have this absolute legend on my staff! :D

Just signed Zidane as a First Team coach for my Arsenal team - for the princely sum of £925 per week. There may be better coaches out there (though he still rates a pretty decent 4 stars for Attack coaching), but I just had to have this absolute legend on my staff! :D

Well done :rolleyes:

I love signing former players as staff. On my longterm game, I currently have Fabregas as my Assistant at Spurs, and before that had Torres as my Assistant at Liverpool. And Rooney was my under 21 coach at England.

The rest of my former players and my teams are Micah Richards, Mattia Destro, Nicky Brown(a regen who has since retired from playing, and joined my staff. Was England Captain for a while, got over 100 caps), Seol-Ky-Heon, Arshavin.

In the past, I've had Mark Randall(Brazil Assman), Frazier Campbell(Everton coach), David N'Gog(Newcastle AssMan), Goran Pandev(Birmingham Coach), Jonjo Shelvey(England coach, Real Madrid Manager)

I really think that younger coaches should be able to mentor players in the same way that older squad members do.

It'd be cool to bring in a player like Zidane to help tutor a promising AMC. I remember Ferguson saying that he liked Solskjaer working with Macheda - it'd be the same sort of thing.

I think the game in every way (see also - the biographies page) is too quick to get rid of every trace of a coach's previous life as a player. It makes it way less cool to have them around.

QUOTE=Dekker2;5860331]I really think that younger coaches should be able to mentor players in the same way that older squad members do.

It'd be cool to bring in a player like Zidane to help tutor a promising AMC. I remember Ferguson saying that he liked Solskjaer working with Macheda - it'd be the same sort of thing.

I think the game in every way (see also - the biographies page) is too quick to get rid of every trace of a coach's previous life as a player. It makes it way less cool to have them around.

Yep. I'd second that :thup:

Fabregas at Spurs? *shudder*

Yeah, I quite like that I've made him betray the Gunners, but he was a coach of mine at Liverpool, so he basically loves me, which is how I got him to join.

Oddly, I just asked Mark Randall if he'd join me, and he said he'd never join a rival of his former club. So Mark Randall is more loyal to Arsenal than Fabregas........

QUOTE=Dekker2;5860331]I really think that younger coaches should be able to mentor players in the same way that older squad members do.

Redknapp brought in Les Ferdinand to work with our strikers and Tony Parks specifically to try and help out Gomes..

Archived