Retiring Due To Injury

I signed a 32 year old Ribery on a free transfer for my Sunderland side he made 2 sub appearances in pre-season due to a small injury. He came on a a sub in the first game of the season and injured his cruciate ligaments and is out for 7-8 months, after the match a news item came up saying he was thinking of retiring due to his injury he is worried that he may never get back to full fitness again. A few days later and he is happy about the big bonuses the team will receive, does this mean he has made his mind up not to retire or does it mean he is going to collect the cash and then retire? In all the seasons I have played FM10 I have never had this news item before.

Ribery must have the kind of personality that appreciates financial awards.

To be fair, at the age of 32, being out for 7 months would make you consider your career in football.

I think these 2 occurances may be happening simutaneously. Id imagine he will come back and play for you if he manages to overcome his injuries (he wants his reward after all!)...although if he gets injured again he may retire

Got that with Fabregas on my Arsenal save as well. Got injured in pre-season for 7-8 months and was thinking about retirement. He is 34 and only needs another 11 games to beat the league apps record for the club so I was quite mad about this one. ;) However I have started the season and he is still with us so hopefully he will not retire. On a side note however, I wonder if he might retire at the end of the season? Making those 11 games impossible to reach as he might just get a handfull before the season is over.

A few days later and he is happy about the big bonuses the team will receive, does this mean he has made his mind up not to retire or does it mean he is going to collect the cash and then retire?

His reaction to big bonuses won't have anything to do with his future. I don't think the two features will be linked up like that.

Archived