New Laptop

On a sidenote, buy the one from Argos purely on the basis of how damn annoying and patronising the description of the PC World one is.

Why apply a descriptive word to something when you are following it with actual spec:

"A very spacious 320GB Hard Drive" - Is it more spacious than a regular 320gb hard drive? No its not!

"very large 4GB Memory multitasks with ease" etc etc

How stupid but I guess it tells you a lot about their target market.

One thing too add, be wary of Dell's customer service. It is appalling and unprofessional. Fortunately the lappys are of reasonable quality. Personally I would go for a Toshiba or an HP, that runs a Core series rather than AMD.

Meanwhile PC World have made a name on their exemplary customer service :p

Not worried but I wont help you out very much speed wise. But like I said the Dell is definately the best option out of the 3.

4gb of RAM, 2.2ghz processor will make the laptop run very quick and smooth. Also comes with good size 320GB hd and a good graphics card with 512mb memory which is a nice bonus.

Not worried but I wont help you out very much speed wise. But like I said the Dell is definately the best option out of the 3.

4gb of RAM, 2.2ghz processor will make the laptop run very quick and smooth. Also comes with good size 320GB hd and a good graphics card with 512mb memory which is a nice bonus.

Graphics:

* Dedicated Intel with HD graphics card.- Any good?

Appreciate all the help btw guys

Just looked at the laptops

Argos one looks good best proccessor of the choices.

Curry's looks better overall

Acer has a problem with build quality but well they are cheaper. Get curry's for overall uses OR argos if FM is priority.

Hey guys,

I'm also looking to buy a new laptop before FM 11, and whilst aware that i need a decent processor, 4 gigs of ram and a graphics card with 1 gig dedicated memory, i am a bit confused as to which HDD to choose.

Has anyone upgraded to a 7200 rpm harddrive recently? will choosing it over the standard 5400 significantly improve overall FM performance?

Archived