General Chit chat, how is everyone getting along

How is everyone getting along in the FM08 then?

This game i purchased a few weeks back, and i havent been able to stop playing!! Im currently West Brom, may 2008, and in the play offs, ive had an up and down sort of season, beating the 'good teams' (Watford, Wolves, Charlton) but losing to the 'medicore' teams (Bristol, Burnley, Coventry). Has anyone else has this problem? Btw, Miller for West Brom, 50 apps, 32 goals, 21 assists, wat a player!!

Im playing a 4-1-3-2 with an attacking am, so in reality it is a 4-1-2-1-2, with mentality set on just 1 abover normal. ne tips on advice on how to get promoted if i dont win the play offs and players to sign!?????

You might want to try the good players guide on the forum as naming players is frowned upon in General Discussion (because some gamers prefer to find their own players without tips), and the Tactics forum (same reason).

As for your general question, I'm fine thanks. Currently setting myself some new challenges as I have won as much as I can with my hometown club.

You'll probably start to get annoyed with a few features like board confidence, but if you have the 8.0.2 patch it's mostly cosmetic.

Welcome to the biggest addiction since heroin.

Leeds.

A good challenge, especially first season. Because they already have a decent setup - stadium, youth facilities, training ground - they are fairly problem-free when it comes to developing players.

If you have a modicum of success you also get taken over around 4 years in and your debts wiped out (and they say the game isn't realistic any more). Once that happens it's easy enough to build money and earn enough to buy the best players.

The downside is one of the best-documenting flaws of FM08 - reputation. A team that is low-placed at the beginning of the game finds it incredibly difficult to raise its profile enough to attract the biggest stars or hold on to its gems. Leeds United with 5 league titles and 3 champions league wins has a lower rep than, say, a bankrupt Liverpool struggling in the lower half of the table who haven't won anything for 6 seasons.

Still, it adds to the challenge.

In fact, there's a whole section devoted to challenges which might be worth a look-see.

I'm Fiorentina and czech republic in 2014, just got knocked out of the wc with USA in the group stages. Started at liverpool on League and have managed At.Madrid, Man City(18 days icon_smile.gif),Bayern Munich, Cameroon (wc 2010 final), ALgeria USA Fiorentina and have just been offered arsenal. I love this game...too addictive though.

I still love the game! But my evening sessions have been stopped by Criminal Justice on BBC this week! Anyway im in 2019 pre season, and have had a lot of clubs, as i keep getting offered better teams! I have gone QPR - Resigned after 3 half seasons as got bored after relegation from Prem, Carlisle,Hull,Messina,Stutgart - Bad choice, Gladbach.Celtic,Juventus. Very eventful, spent more then 1 season at Qpr, Messina and just in 2nd season at Juve. Im not fussed with the regens though.

Archived