Devastated!!

rimm!

Ive just recently started a new long term game, started at birmingham and was solid mid table til i got hammered 5 nil by nottingham forest in the fa cup and had a falling out with my players so i quit. got the cardiff job a few weeks later, then the week after got the Algeria job as well. Left Cardiff after missing out on the playoffs due to a 4-1 beating by mid table derby on the last day of the season, a point would have me finish 4th. Left Cardiff and just started at PSV at the end of the first season. I beat ukraine 3-2 after having 2 players sent off in the first world cup game, beat germany one- nil in the second due to a lucky penalty, beat honduras 4-nil in the final group game to finish top of the group. Hammered Serbia 6-2 in the second round, then Bosnia-Herzegovina 4-1 in the Quaters. faced France in the semis and.... Got hammered 5-1. Proper upsetting, especially as i only took the algeria job because i got a steam achievement for being offered it. (recently got a new laptop so decided to install steam as well). To make it worse, despite the aim only to keep some dignity in the world cup, the fan confidence is zero after the france game, as 'we should have won it.' Grrrrrrrr!

i get fed up with fan confidence, i can't understand how they can be so unhappy at losing to france in your save considering you did so well.

I had a save where i sent a bunch of youngsters out in a friendly and lost to a smaller team and my board held it over me for 3 months because the fans were unhappy that we'd lost the friendly.

I don't see the problem? You're not good at the game?

how is he not good at the game? He made the world cup semis with algeria. The issue is the fans have 0% confidence after he lost to france in the semis which is unrealistic because the fans would be happy just to have made it that far. They'd no doubt be dissapointed but 0%? That should be reserved for being smashed by team weaker than you or by a fierce rival who's on the same level or beneath you.

Well, I'm French, so maybe I have an explanation, I say maybe, because I don't know if FM is going that far.

So, my guess is that it's about history between Algeria and France, I mean the colonization and the Algerian war, which was very hard time, because Algeria was more than a colony for France, and there is still some strained relation between the two country.

See wikipedia for more.

Did the countries have rivals like a club ? If yes, France must be in.

But as I said before, it's only a guess.

And that's not a constructive answer to someone who may need help....

Personally I just thought he was sharing a few experiences and frustrations. No harm in that.

This!

Not having a pop at any 'bugs' either, like some people seem to think, just disappointed we made it that far and couldnt jump that last gap!

Well, I'm French, so maybe I have an explanation, I say maybe, because I don't know if FM is going that far.

So, my guess is that it's about history between Algeria and France, I mean the colonization and the Algerian war, which was very hard time, because Algeria was more than a colony for France, and there is still some strained relation between the two country.

See wikipedia for more.

Did the countries have rivals like a club ? If yes, France must be in.

But as I said before, it's only a guess.

I thought this might be it too, iv not checked on the rival nations, good idea!

In FM terms, im quite grateful for the 'former french colony' thing, as it means a lot of the players have dual nationality, and the french kids are pretty good!

Fan confidence is an immediate reaction to the match. Any fan would be devastated at missing out a spot in the World Cup Finals, having got so close, regardless of where they're from. It's only later that fan confidence changes to reflect the more appropriate reality, and I think that's the part where the game could use some tweakage - fan confidence of any given match should change retrospectively with time and with subsequent results.

Archived