Huge Sponsorship Deal

Basically guys, im just asking a few questions on sponsorship. When i took over Birmingham they had a shirt sponsorship deal for something like 4 years worth roughly £2m per annum. In this 4 years i managed to win the league, Fa Cup, Carling Cup, and the Europa League. Then i got a shirt sposorship deal worth £7.5m per year obviously due to my rise in stature. This one was for 5 years i think. I am now approaching the end of this deal and have won 4 league titles (hopefully a 5th by the end of the season), a couple of FA cups, 3 European Champions Leagues and 2 World Club Championships. Now i am hoping we will get a huge sponsorship deal due to all this success and rise in stature.

What i want to know is, is this how the sponsorship system in FM works and has anyone had any huge deals? Also has anyone had any luck with stadium sponsorship or anything of the sort? ie. Arsenal with the emirates.

Stadium sponsorship only seems to happen when you have a new stadium built, and the price of the construction is partly offset by the sponsorship deal. Playing as Man Utd, I've made £56mil every year for as long as I can remember.

You may have a little extra money in your new deal, but when you reach certain level of sponsored money with a succesful squad, as yours, it's just stops increasing (ie. Barcelona rarely receive a significantly bigger sponsorship deal, even if you win everithing with them)

IMO it's depends totally on your teams reputation, but as soon as your reputation levels the sponsorship money also levels.

You may have a little extra money in your new deal, but when you reach certain level of sponsored money with a succesful squad, as yours, it's just stops increasing (ie. Barcelona rarely receive a significantly bigger sponsorship deal, even if you win everithing with them)

IMO it's depends totally on your teams reputation, but as soon as your reputation levels the sponsorship money also levels.

I see, thanks for that. On the other hand though, I'm sure the likes of Barca and Uniteds is much much more than £7.5m. I have won everything the last few years but i'm guessing it will be nowhere near the likes of cash thos clubs get?

I see, thanks for that. On the other hand though, I'm sure the likes of Barca and Uniteds is much much more than £7.5m. I have won everything the last few years but i'm guessing it will be nowhere near the likes of cash thos clubs get?

I don't remember the number exactly, but with my most succesful Barcelona save the sponsorship was around 8M millions a year.

The BIG cash they receive comes mainly from Gate Receipts and Avg Attendance, than from sponsorship IMO.

I don't remember the number exactly, but with my most succesful Barcelona save the sponsorship was around 8M millions a year.

The BIG cash they receive comes mainly from Gate Receipts and Avg Attendance, than from sponsorship IMO.

And private TV rights, and merchandising .. :)

Not sure about the sponsorship or what it depends on - in Switzerland I have on the league 10 times, euro cup once and still get a pityful amount of sponsorship, the lowest in the league every year!

While you can't expect huge sponsorship money in Switzerland you shouldn't have the lowest income in the league. As for the reason you may want to check in the data editor that comes with the game. Search for your team then go to 'Finances' and there to 'Other Income'. If the checkboxes for 'Fixed Value' are ticked then your sponsorship deals will remain the same no matter how succesful (or not) you are. I am not sure why any team would have that box checked so you may want to ask about that in the Swiss data issues thread if that's the case.

Archived