2 quick questions

Numero uno...

Do the 'Pheonix' clubs (such as AFC Telford, AFC Wimbledon etc) in the game get taken over? Obviously they are owned by supporters, who presumably will never not love the club.

So is it a case of they will never activly (sp?) look to sell the club but will accept an offer if one comes their way, or never sell at all and just pass down the reigns to another supporter when they get bored?

And number 2...

When you approach to sign a player who is say 15/16 it says, for example, Team X will be owed £1.5m compensation, possibly rising to £3m.

Now, again presumably, there are clauses put in in order to make the fee rise. My question is what clauses are they? Is there a set answer or is it a set of random clauses which a 'tribunal' put together?

Cheers in advance,

dan_lcfc

Numero uno...

Do the 'Pheonix' clubs (such as AFC Telford, AFC Wimbledon etc) in the game get taken over? Obviously they are owned by supporters, who presumably will never not love the club.

So is it a case of they will never activly (sp?) look to sell the club but will accept an offer if one comes their way, or never sell at all and just pass down the reigns to another supporter when they get bored?

And number 2...

When you approach to sign a player who is say 15/16 it says, for example, Team X will be owed £1.5m compensation, possibly rising to £3m.

Now, again presumably, there are clauses put in in order to make the fee rise. My question is what clauses are they? Is there a set answer or is it a set of random clauses which a 'tribunal' put together?

Cheers in advance,

dan_lcfc

1) I think any club can be taken over.

2) I think they are different clauses all the time but most of the time it is league appearances, goals, international appearance/s, percentage of next fee.

1) I think any club can be taken over.

2) I think they are different clauses all the time but most of the time it is league appearances, goals, international appearance/s, percentage of next fee.

Correct I think, but to expand on 1), say you take AFC Wimbledon to League 1/2 football - the supporters in-charge may feel that they can't find the finances required to compete at that level and so want to sell half of their shares to a tycoon in order to get the financial backing they need.

Ah thanks alot guys, hopefully my chairman (AFC Telford (one of the main reasons I asked)) will realise that we will be a mid-table championship side forever unless we get some more money in, oh and taking out two, 2million pound loans to expand the stadium and then giving me 10% of the transfer funds is going to get us nowhere!!!

Ah thanks alot guys, hopefully my chairman (AFC Telford (one of the main reasons I asked)) will realise that we will be a mid-table championship side forever unless we get some more money in, oh and taking out two, 2million pound loans to expand the stadium and then giving me 10% of the transfer funds is going to get us nowhere!!!

It will you now have a bigger stadium which brings greater revenue. You dont need to buy any players with transfer money, just sign free agents. Look at selling anyone that you get a good deal for and look to loans.

It will you now have a bigger stadium which brings greater revenue. You dont need to buy any players with transfer money, just sign free agents. Look at selling anyone that you get a good deal for and look to loans.

Yea, I've done that to get this far, just keep missing out on all my top transfer targets because I cant compete on the wages front. Hoping to get at least £5m for a Scotish youngster who was playing U21s at 17. Looks like he could be quite good (particularly with a 60k transfer fee). Man Utd boss (Carlo Ancelloti lol) has been to see him, as have Tottenham and West Ham. Fingers crossed for a big push this season.

Even though your recently relegated team battered me at the City Ground and sent me spiraling into a run of defeats again!

Yea, I've done that to get this far, just keep missing out on all my top transfer targets because I cant compete on the wages front. Hoping to get at least £5m for a Scotish youngster who was playing U21s at 17. Looks like he could be quite good (particularly with a 60k transfer fee). Man Utd boss (Carlo Ancelloti lol) has been to see him, as have Tottenham and West Ham. Fingers crossed for a big push this season.

Even though your recently relegated team battered me at the City Ground and sent me spiraling into a run of defeats again!

Haha. How big is your stadium mate. What is the best wages you can offer as well. If you can sell this guy for £5m. Use the money and offer less wages but more bonuses. Especially to back up players. It doesnt always work but insteaad of offering a back up player more wages offer him less to start off with. If he doesnt accept stick to normal wage but offer him more appearance fee and maybe signing on fee etc. Then you have more wage budget and it doesnt affect you finances much if you can sell at least one player for £1m a season or more.

10670. I think weve done 3000 in the last 2 seasons though. Its max capacity every week awell. I'm sure most BSN teams stadiums are capped around 10-12k stadiums so there wont be to many more.

The most I can offer is 6k p/w which is what my top earner gets. Looking through the other squads most teams have that as their sort of minimum. Up to sort of 25k p/w (or 30 in Forests case, but they were in the prem for 5 seasons so its understandable)

Archived