Real Madrid have gone MAD! Signed 14 Goalkeepers in 5 years.....

In my game, Real Madrid seem to be panicking at finding a replacement for Iker Casillas. Their AI has gone a little bit mad.

Within the space of 4 years, exlcuding the most current current transfer window, they have signed the following goalkeepers (many are regens) :

Moe Mats - 160k

Lé - 700k

Niko Verbic - 160k

Luís Gustavo - 825k

Ingi Steinsson - 1.6m

Vicente - 800k

John Gordon - 2.4m

Albert Margraff - Free

Goncalves - 775k

But to top it off, this last season, and the 5th in this little snapshot, they have signed 5 goalkeepers in just one transfer window, as follows...

Igor Akinfeev - Free

Francisco Carlos - 2.8m

Alex Smithies - 6m

Ingi Steinsson - 1.7m (Signed for a 2nd time after releasing him!)

And to top it all off, they go and do this for their 5th...

Jos de Jong - 44.5 million!!!!

This all seems a little extreme to me. 14 keepers in 5 years (okay, 13 if you include Steinsson twice), but at least they have stuck to signing very cheap goalkeepers, apart from their latest guy. I eagerly await the next few weeks, and I bet they sign even more keepers!

Is quite realistic don you think? I mean, Real Madrid had changed like 7 coaches in 8 years looking to replace Del Bosque, the signed 7 DCs in 6 years looking to reaplce Hierro, and can't remember how many DMCs named Diarra they bought to replace Makelele...

...so maybe Florentino just got a llitle anxoius again in your save game :p

Is quite realistic don you think? I mean, Real Madrid had changed like 7 coaches in 8 years looking to replace Del Bosque, the signed 7 DCs in 6 years looking to reaplce Hierro, and can't remember how many DMCs named Diarra they bought to replace Makelele...

...so maybe Florentino just got a llitle anxoius again in your save game :p

I see what you are saying but I am sort of implying a lack of balance, and that is the lack of realism. For example, if you total Madrids First team, reserves, and youth teams, in total they only have 12 players that can play CM/AMC, yet 12 goalkeepers on the books.

In my game R Madrid play with 3 CM's and 1 AMC in a 4-3-1-2 formation. They play 4 CMs/AMC's in every game, yet they only have 8 players to cover that position. This means their cover for midfield is only x3, whereas their cover for the goalkeeping position is x12. This is a huge difference :)

Tbf i sign a lot of young goalkeepers, mainly because you can get a potentially good goalkeeper for a very small price. So maybe it isnt such a surprise to see them sign so many goalies

(although i didnt sign around 14 of them :p)

Sounds a bit like me on my current game. Casillias is now 36 and beginning to drop in form and I've been buying lots of young keepers over the past 3 or 4 seasons from under 21 national teams and none seem to be stepping up, so I've bitten the bullet and spent 30million on 31 year old Akinfeev from Valencia. In the end I just thought, he's a prooven top class keeper and should give me 4 or 5 seasons after Casillias has gone. Not ideal spending that much on a keeper of that age but fortunately with Madrid you can burn money.

I see what you are saying but I am sort of implying a lack of balance, and that is the lack of realism. For example, if you total Madrids First team, reserves, and youth teams, in total they only have 12 players that can play CM/AMC, yet 12 goalkeepers on the books.

In my game R Madrid play with 3 CM's and 1 AMC in a 4-3-1-2 formation. They play 4 CMs/AMC's in every game, yet they only have 8 players to cover that position. This means their cover for midfield is only x3, whereas their cover for the goalkeeping position is x12. This is a huge difference :)

Yeah of course is unbalanced, but if you are RM head coach and have like 100M eachs season for transfers and already have a good first squad you can have the luxury of "betting" for young and cheap GKs and play them at Casitlla, RM C and U-19s until you find the GOOD ONE. IMO the AI is just making a "rational" decision between Big Budget, Low prices and GK's needs

problem is not buying them

problem is registering them because only 25 players can be eligible for RM (Spanish rules)

Would be amazing even if they registered like seven or eight keepers in their squad because the AI felt obliged after signing them.

I don't think you guys are getting what the OP is saying....I do think that is a tad bit weird to be honest. I mean the game isn't perfect so we shouldn't compare everything to real life. I've seen this same "glitch" in one of my saves with Juve doing the same thing. It didn't help them cause they kept switching goalies like every 1-2 seasons. Just saying

Archived