Strange, oddly placed piece of commentary...

As Man Utd, I am playing in a friendly vs Motherwell. One of my strikers, upon completion of his hatrick, recieves this piece of commentary "Beretta has paid back a large chunk of his transfer fee and then more!"

I don't understand this placement of the commentary for 2 reasons:

1. I bought him 7 years ago, and he has been amazing in every season I've had him. He has also scored hattricks before.

2. This is just a pre-season friendly. Surely he has paid back his transfer fee through playing in important games. Isn't that what my fans would care about, rather than a pre season friendly vs Motherwell.

Now I realise its hardly game-changing, and its certainly not a major issue. But I just wanted to raise it because it is such a great peice of commentary, and I've never seen it before in the game... it would've just been nice if it had been used properly instead of wasted like this.

Seems to be messed up still in a few areas, in terms of "timing". I mean, I got "Billy Ashcroft faces former club" every single time he faced me after I sold him, but he was always a reserve and had played like 1 or 2 games for my team, yet the news article and press conferance feels the need to mention him every single time for a good 12 years or so. Yet it doesn't even mention me facing my world class midfielder or striker in the champions league despite the fact both did an amazing contribution to the club over the years. So it's fine to mention a nobody, several times over 12 odd years, but not actually good players?. It's a bit weird how it can be set up.

The commenatries don't seem to distinguish between types of matches. I've had comments like "Fred runs over and celebrates with the fans!" when I've been playing an inernal training match against my reserves and the stands are empty.

Though to be honest, I'd rather SI concentrated on other parts of the game rather than setting up three or four different commentary sets depending on the type of match you're playing.

The commenatries don't seem to distinguish between types of matches. I've had comments like "Fred runs over and celebrates with the fans!" when I've been playing an inernal training match against my reserves and the stands are empty.

Though to be honest, I'd rather SI concentrated on other parts of the game rather than setting up three or four different commentary sets depending on the type of match you're playing.

lol, anyway you wouldnt get comentators in a closed doors game

Seems to be messed up still in a few areas, in terms of "timing". I mean, I got "Billy Ashcroft faces former club" every single time he faced me after I sold him, but he was always a reserve and had played like 1 or 2 games for my team, yet the news article and press conferance feels the need to mention him every single time for a good 12 years or so. Yet it doesn't even mention me facing my world class midfielder or striker in the champions league despite the fact both did an amazing contribution to the club over the years. So it's fine to mention a nobody, several times over 12 odd years, but not actually good players?. It's a bit weird how it can be set up.

yes had the same thing as ajax when i played psv in a match last night. the press mention that gregory van der wiel was facing us again even though i sold him after season 1 but didnt mention kenneth viemier who was on my books for 6 years before i sold him last summer

Archived