Two Ideas

Why not introduce the feature of adding your own favoured personnels?

As everyone knows when you say nice things to other managers or players your name eventually appears on their favoured personnel list and also when your own players and staff members just naturally become to like you.

So I was thinking (maybe for FM12), we could add this feature that lets you chose your own favoured personnels and change them whenever you see fit throughout the game. But obviously we must have a limit say about 10 or something. You could say it's pointless and it doesn't affect anything in the game, but nor does choosing your favoured team and that's in the game.

Also I was thinking about maybe we could add the feature of choosing which clubs you used to play for before you became a manager. You can find out which other club manager's used to play for for near enough every manager in the game by going on their history (and even ass man's and coaches etc.) So IMO this would be a great feature. When I start a new game at say Nottingham Forest and I've chosen Nottingham Forest, Chelsea & West Brom as my former clubs for my playing career. But again lets but a limit on this, say you can chose upto 5 clubs.

Sorry if I made that hard to understand, tired you see! :thup:

you should only be allowed to choose people that you have built a relationship with, so you can just randomly add anyone you like i feel, but yer, i have 21 people in my game (that i know of) with me as a favoured person but none on my screen, im a club legend at wolves but with no favoured team!? Surely i must like them after 20+ seasons?

If you use FMRTE, you can see that the game already 'assigns' favoured personnel. I don't know why they aren't displayed though tbh.

This. It's already in the background of the game and should be shown like players and coaches. I see no reason as too why this is, unless the fact it could alter a users opinion of players.

I think the Managers profile could use a massive overhaul by adding (before starting career mode); previous playing/coaching career, adding 1-5 favoured personnel, adding 1-3 favoured clubs, adding 1-5 languages spoken and a dynamic personality that changes according to press conferences and the way you carry out your career.

Not exactly important additions but could go a long way to adding another dimension to a long term career game.

This. It's already in the background of the game and should be shown like players and coaches. I see no reason as too why this is, unless the fact it could alter a users opinion of players.

I think the Managers profile could use a massive overhaul by adding (before starting career mode); previous playing/coaching career, adding 1-5 favoured personnel, adding 1-3 favoured clubs, adding 1-5 languages spoken and a dynamic personality that changes according to press conferences and the way you carry out your career.

Not exactly important additions but could go a long way to adding another dimension to a long term career game.

Indeed. Most of it is in the background already, but it would be nice to see a more dynamic manager profile. Also the adding of more than one favoured club is one that I would like. Long ago when Charlton were (relatively) awesome and Dagenham were non-league I followed both teams. It would be nice to input the level of which you support the club. Hated clubs would be a good one as well. These exist on player profiles so should be easily done on Manager ones.

For example:

Manager A:

Favoured clubs:

Charlton Athletic 100

Dagenham and Redbridge 60

AFC Hornchurch 15

Non-favoured clubs

Crystal Palace 100

Boston United 100

etc. This could then have an effect on your dealings with the clubs, job offers etc.

First idea, good, i would like to choose my favoured personal :) also i would like the option to set my rivals! other managers or players who i have a grudge against :)

Second idea, its a nice idea, but i bit pointless, as you will only ever see this on the history page and when you get employed places. and FM is a good game as you start as a manager, who hasnt had a playing career and is new to management, but for people like me i guess you could have an option that says no playing experience or something :)

Good ideas, not really major impacts, but i like it :)

Archived