Estimated Game Speed - 1/2 Star

I was just wondering if anybody else's Estimated Game Speed went to half a star really quickly when setting up a new game and, if so, whether this has affected long term games? This happened when I was setting up a game on my old laptop but, despite the low rating, the game seemed to run at a perfectly bareable speed for the first couple of seasons. I'm seeing the same on my new laptop and I'm just wondering whether this is likely to have a dramatic effect further into a long term game? Also, for anybody who seems to experience the same sort of thing, what would you say is a safe player count to have when starting up a new game?

Cheers.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. Another question if anybody can help; when you change a league from Playable to View Only, the player count seems to drop by a few thousand. Will I see a decent amount of regens produced from the acadamies of the teams in these leagues even without loading the players from these countries?

Cheers again.

I was cautious when setting up my first game of FM. My computer indicated half a star so I only went with 10 or so leagues, and it runs like the clappers. When that game ends i'll start a new one with loads. In conclusion yes, star ratings don't seem to mean much, at least on my computer.

mine dropped to 4.5 stars when i hit 25 leagues so i just started and it flies, i think i could have run another 15-20 at least, so yes ignore it.

You will still see a decent number of regens, but id set up a custom db at the bottom to load players from particular regions

:eek: What are your specs for that sort of speed?

where'd you get it from? sorry about all the questions but i'm looking at new computers now.

sorry to drag an oldish thread up, i went away for the weekend and thought i should answer the questions. A friend of mine who is a pc tech custom built it for me, alot of websites have a filter on them to customise your pc to what you need

I've just bought a Macbook Pro 13" and haven't been on FM for about 6 months as I just lost interest and a new job kind of limited the time I had to play.

With the recent news on FM11 I'm really looking forward to getting back into it with a bit more time on my hands now.

My Macbook has a spec of:

2.66GHz Core 2 Duo processor

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB RAM

320GB HD

How many leagues would you recommend me to run on FM?

• 1 month later...
Thanks a lot for the advice guys. Another question if anybody can help; when you change a league from Playable to View Only, the player count seems to drop by a few thousand. Will I see a decent amount of regens produced from the acadamies of the teams in these leagues even without loading the players from these countries?

Cheers again.

BUMP.

Any response to this?

I've got every nation selected, about half as playable and the rest view only, with large database. My rating is one star and everything works fine. Treat star ratings as last year; they don't measure properly.

I've just bought a Macbook Pro 13" and haven't been on FM for about 6 months as I just lost interest and a new job kind of limited the time I had to play.

With the recent news on FM11 I'm really looking forward to getting back into it with a bit more time on my hands now.

My Macbook has a spec of:

2.66GHz Core 2 Duo processor

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor with 256MB RAM

320GB HD

How many leagues would you recommend me to run on FM?

25-35, based on my experience.

Archived