I simply can't win

I simply can't win, I have done and tried everything to win. I have been Ac Milan, QPR, Crawley, Basingstoke, and currently Real Madrid.

I can’t win, I used to play without any tactics, I used to win fine. But I can’t win at all, so I looked on the web and used about 5 different tactics (Giving them 5 games each) and I still have not won.

Even against bottom of the league at home I simply do not win and I just do not understand why I cannot win… Every chance I have my team hits them from out side and box and do nothing but hit it over... everytime my team are defending they look like letting a goal in and everytime I attack I know my team will not score. I mean my team never put pressure on the other team, yet my team are always under pressure. It’s really bugging me now… I played against Man Utd away in the CL.. Van Der Sar got a red card 7minutes in, easy win right ?

No I lost 2-1… that’s not right, wtf.

Has anyone got any great tactics or tips because the game is not enjoyable at all

(I have updated transfers on the ediotor but I doubt thats a reason is it)

Tactics take time to work. They dont just work in 5 games. The idea is that they will take time. It also doesnt help if you buy lots of players as they have to gel as a team and get used to your tactics. Some tactics work straight away but not many imo. Some teams play well playing passing football but some play well when playing hoofball. It could have something to do with your players as well. What there mentality is or whatever.

When I start to struggle for results I use the tactics creator to make a 4-4-2 Balanced philosophy, standard starting strategy, passing short, creative freedom more disciplined, closing down stand off more, tackling less aggressive, marking and crossing default and roaming stick to position, auto assign player roles and duties then when that's done I click on each player to make sure his attributes fit his role and if they don't I try to find a more suitable role for him. I basically keep things as simple as possible strategically untill we start getting results then look to change to a more expressive 'fluid style of football once confidence in the squad is high.

Hope this helps.:thup:

I thought this was Bryan Robson posting for a moment!

I find that it takes ages to find a tactic that suits you. On my game it took me until December of my first season to remotely begin to achieve anything. I had to balance player types to tactical ideologies. It takes time to bed in etc.

Of course there are always people who nail it straight away... I guess I'm not one of them!!!

i personally feel that downloading a tactic is the worst thing to do as it isnt designed for your team.

Just watch a full full matches of your team, see what they are doing wrong, pause it and write it down, and then keep going, every time they do something wrong, write it down. Then adjust your tactics. For example, everyone is taking long shots, why not try and tell them to take long shots rarely? Your team are not pressuring the opposition, tell them close down all over the pitch, wayward passing? Shorter passing game.

you will get there mate, FM10 is far from a pick up and paly regardless of what you have done in previous games.

Also make usre you patch the game to 10.3 (link at top of page)

The first thing I do when setting up new tactics it so set everybody to take long shots rarely. Even with that, about 20% of the shots my team take will be long shots. Any higher than rarely and it seems that as soon as we get the ball into the opponents half, someone will kick it in the general direction of the goal, and because it's from so far out, it'll either be off target, or the keeper will have plenty of time to watch the flight of the ball and make a comfortable save. So that wuld be my number 1 tip. But I'm sure there are other people who like making lots of long shots. Different tactics work for different teams, you just have to watch what your people are doing and adjust accordingly.

Oh, and don't put too much emphasis on the *'s on the assistant reports screen. I used to pick my first team based on those when I first started, but learned through experience that sometimes high rated players doesn't always translate into better performances on the pitch. Look at key attributes and personalities to make sure you have a well rounded team.

You are best asking this question in the Tactic and Training forum.

FWIW the best of other peoples tactics I've tried in FM2010 are HERE

This tactic uses the corner exploit/cheat. Winning by cheating isn't going to help this guy get satisfaction or learn how to play the game.

Archived