playing at work?!?!?

iv seen a number of u guys saying that u play whilst u are at work?firstly, that is legendary!!!secondly,how the hell do u manage it??i browse these forums whilst at work and i need that was sneaky enough, but playing FM at work takes the biscuit!how long do u play for etc???

iv seen a number of u guys saying that u play whilst u are at work?firstly, that is legendary!!!secondly,how the hell do u manage it??i browse these forums whilst at work and i need that was sneaky enough, but playing FM at work takes the biscuit!how long do u play for etc???

Heres the story.

My father owns pubs. I run a pub for him, where there is living quaters above it. I have a room there above the pub. (Sky and Internet icon_biggrin.gif ) - so when the bar is quiet, or when I have enough staff on, or when all the work is done, I come and play FM icon_biggrin.gif

I don't play it at work a lot. But I have done in the past.

ie. My boss goes on a 4 week holiday to Canada, basically I'm left to my own devices as we're such a small company. If I run out of work, then I'll certainly spend some time on FM if I've remember to bring my disc and memory stick.

But most of the time I'm happy spending any free work-time browsing these forums icon_smile.gif Like now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tedan1987:

I play at work, my boss isn't bothered as long as my work is up to date, he sits on Call Of Duty when he's not working, I should get him into fm! icon14.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back in the day (1998-2001), we'd spend our dinner hour playing Duke Nukem 3D on PC. Each member of staff on their own computer, hooked up to the network. Now THAT is a fun way to spend your dinner hour at work :p Ka-boom.

Ive tried playing it at school during a media lesson, the teachers are more liek supervisors. Their was banter as all my mates play it.

Nepenthez - you are living the life, not only do you play when you want, but you live in a pub!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

Ive tried playing it at school during a media lesson, the teachers are more liek supervisors. Their was banter as all my mates play it.

Nepenthez - you are living the life, not only do you play when you want, but you live in a pub!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FM at school? Surely you should be learning grammar or something? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by macca69:

Nepenthez - you are living the life, not only do you play when you want, but you live in a pub!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't actually live in the pub anymore, since I bought a house, but yea, It's certainly brilliant . icon_biggrin.gif

I browse the forums at work, always giving furtive looks to the side to see if anyone is watching! I never play at work though - that really would be totally unacceptable icon_razz.gif

That siad, for a short time I did have FM installed on my PC at work when I was doing my PhD and had my own office. Then I moved into a bigger office with other people and it was out of the question!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I am my own boss. If I want to play FM then I do. That's why I employ staff.

Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Legend.

I played it a lot, while I was working night shifts, I was alone there so no problems at all. Tried it once on a day shift, but the boss came in while I was dealing with customers (I ran the game in the backoffice on his computer). That was one nervous moment, but luckily he didn't go straight to the office, so I had time to exit it. I haven't done it since, though.

i guess when i was working (got an operation so cant work at moment) it would be near impossible for me to play. Ive had to jobs. One in McDonalds, which even thouhg every machene they have there is on windows vista fm couldnt install because of all the mcdonalds big mac *****. and then working as a porter in a hospital. I haye to try and play FM and move those patients at the same time. I really want to get an office job.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Playing FM at work? Disgraceful - utterly immoral.

That's why I spend my time on these forums instead icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would get caught playing FM at work but i'm the same and stick to the forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I had to watch Gone with the Wind for my Film Studies degree at Uni yesterday. If only I had taken my laptop in with me... *sigh* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How on earth can you be doing a film studies degree and be bored by Gone With the Wind, it's a classic.

@ys ago i installed FM06 on the mac at work.

I had it on all the time in windowed mode and when ever i heard footsteps id minimize the window.

Had a few close calls like when its loading up the next days info and the window wouldnt minimize and id get up and panic, and do some stretched in front of the screen so no one could see

Try this for painful.

I booked a weeks leave for next week and have been looking forward to FMin the days away between 9 and 5 while I have the chance.

Last night I came home to a present from the wife...... 3 tins of paint, a roller, a set of paint brushes and 5 rolls of wallpaper icon_frown.gif

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vladislav19:

Well, you can always go be a tester at SI. Then you get told off for not playing FM enough. How's that for realigning your perceptions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a tester isn't just about sitting playing a career game of FM every day you know icon_wink.gif

Oh, and I play FM at work!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vladislav19:

Well, you can always go be a tester at SI. Then you get told off for not playing FM enough. How's that for realigning your perceptions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a tester isn't just about sitting playing a career game of FM every day you know icon_wink.gif

Oh, and I play FM at work! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have any jobs going, could I have one? I've been playing FM for years and I only command a six-figure salary.

i did it for about three or four months last year but then i realized that all the crowd around makes me lose my focus. So my ajax team didn't do all i wanted and i've abandoned the game. I still have the save game and might try it again.

it's not a problem as i work as a journalist and when i do my job there's no obstacle, despite my girlfriend...

even my boss played fm when he was younger so he is full of understanding, now he plays civ by email.

I play at work constantly..........I'm at work now............yeehaa.

I mainly work with my ears listening to audio so my hands are free do tap away at my keyboard playing FM.

I actually find it helps with my job because I pick up even more minute sound defects when I'm not 100% concentrated on listening.

One of the guys I manage also plays FM while at work while doing the same job and I encourage it.

Alt + tab.

Not that I do it. I can't - only administrators can add or delete programmes.

I spend enough time on these forums, for which alt+tab is also useful.

Of course, when I see something useful for my game such as a neat new tactic or good player I've not heard of before, I do sneak out a bit early to get some extra gaming in before the missus gets in.

Gawd, I'm sad.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Playing FM at work? Disgraceful - utterly immoral.

That's why I spend my time on these forums instead icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would get caught playing FM at work but i'm the same and stick to the forums.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I had to watch Gone with the Wind for my Film Studies degree at Uni yesterday. If only I had taken my laptop in with me... *sigh* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How on earth can you be doing a film studies degree and be bored by Gone With the Wind, it's a classic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't a bad film, just a bit long! My backside needed a break!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

I mainly work with my ears listening to audio so my hands are free do tap away at my keyboard playing FM.

I actually find it helps with my job because I pick up even more minute sound defects when I'm not 100% concentrated on listening.

One of the guys I manage also plays FM while at work while doing the same job and I encourage it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your job?

Sorry for double post by the way.

Our history teacher was pure class. He let us play Q3 during project hours, stating he played it himself at home. Also when he went to Strasbourg with the school and some students he was always out drinking at nights, and he was so hungover he fell asleep at some European Parlament meeting they where attenting. icon_biggrin.gif

Currently manager of Watford FC and doing well icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goodzorr_avfc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BenskiSullivanovich:

One of the guys I manage also plays FM while at work while doing the same job and I encourage it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's your job?

Sorry for double post by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walshy07:

iv seen a number of u guys saying that u play whilst u are at work?firstly, that is legendary!!!secondly,how the hell do u manage it??i browse these forums whilst at work and i need that was sneaky enough, but playing FM at work takes the biscuit!how long do u play for etc??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I play at work all the time when I'm in the office. I spend a few weeks in the office then a few weeks traveling back and forth.

No one really comes in my office and if they do they can't see my screen anyhow, and my day I spend mostly going over reports and making phone calls. So I tab back and forth between FM and get most of my playing in when on the phone since I am often on hold anyhow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suttface:

I'm a teacher and desperately trying to think of a curriculum that is based around FM... haven't quite managed it yet. Think I might strike in protest. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

statistics = maths. get in icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamesdevanney:

check this out. Its a cloaking device for your computer which connects via usb. It will be perfect for anyone who is looking to play FM (or any game for that matter) at work.

http://ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/USB-STEALTH-SWITCH-pr-42302.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No wonder this country is so well run icon_confused.gif

Archived