[Suggestion] Division level and club status.

Hello !

A small idea, more useful for LLM, about the club status (Amateur, semi-pro and Professionnal) and the divisions.

To be understandable, let me expose the situation :

I usually play the frenchs division (Ligue 1, Ligue 2, National...) with a small add-on which add some more division (Up to the 7th division).

I created a club in this 7th division and give it the "Amateur" status, which is the case of every club at this level (And in the 6th too).

The problem is, when I get promoted in the 6th division (Usually just after the first season), the team is given the "Professionnal" status, which is really a sonsense. And every season, I have to use FMRTE to correct the team status of numerous teams in order to give them a more realistic status, depending on the division where they play.

The idea I propose is this one :

Include in the official editor three check case (One for each status) in the division configuration panel. That way, we can be sure the club in each division will only have one of the checked status, and add some more realism to the game by stopping inadequate status.

Of course, the game itself will check each season if the current status of the relegated and promoted teams is correct for the next season, and correct it if not. I know the game can already do a status change (My 7th division team improved from "Amateur" to "Semi-pro" then "Professionnal" in a long term game), so I think this can be added too...

Thanks !

Good idea, but I see one problem with this. In Scotland Division 2-3 are Semi Pro/Part-Time leagues. Now we have Queen's Park who will be forever Amatuer - will they be effected? We also had the case of Livingston, who despite being relegated to Division 3 they remained Full Time Professional. There should be a real get-out for it certain clubs as it is visable that some clubs won't change status despite being relegated/promoted.

Good idea, but I see one problem with this. In Scotland Division 2-3 are Semi Pro/Part-Time leagues. Now we have Queen's Park who will be forever Amatuer - will they be effected? We also had the case of Livingston, who despite being relegated to Division 3 they remained Full Time Professional. There should be a real get-out for it certain clubs as it is visable that some clubs won't change status despite being relegated/promoted.

So for these 2 divisions, in my suggestion, they should have "Semi-Pro" and "Amateur" status checked... With this, Queen's Park will stay Amateur. (Even if there is a possibility for them to become Semi-Pro, I agree...).

For Livingston, maybe they had asked to keep their Pro status, in case they return in Division 2 next year ? And if not, they will become Semi-Pro ?

Isn't this already in?

I've never seen a part time club in the Football League, despite some very small clubs getting in.

What do you mean by "Part-time club" ? A club where the players have part-time contract ?

Yes

Semi-pro rather than professional

In this case, start a game with the French divisions (To the CFA) : in National and CFA (First teams only, of course), you will see lots of Semi-Pro club.

Btw, I see that it is Amatuer, not Amateur... Sorry, I thought the word was the same in French and in English... :o

Isn't this already in?

I've never seen a part time club in the Football League, despite some very small clubs getting in.

I'm pretty sure when I got Boston United promoted to League Two, I had a number of first team players on part time contracts so it was still considered a semi-pro club.

but surely the clubs professional status has nothing to do with the league it is in and is more to do with its financial situation. If a club in the conference north was taken over by some tycoon, it wouldnt remain semi-pro just because all the other clubs in the division are. If the board decide its financially viable to operate a fully professional team, i see no reason why the status of the league should have any bearing whatsoever....

In this case, start a game with the French divisions (To the CFA) : in National and CFA (First teams only, of course), you will see lots of Semi-Pro club.

Btw, I see that it is Amatuer, not Amateur... Sorry, I thought the word was the same in French and in English... :o

Are you sure? Amateur looks right to me. Maybe I just can't spell though :D In France, this maybe the case, I'm on about England as it's all I know about

I'm pretty sure when I got Boston United promoted to League Two, I had a number of first team players on part time contracts so it was still considered a semi-pro club.

You may have players on P/T contracts, but the status of the club has to be Professional to gain access into the FL. I think this is in the game, but I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure it's "amateur" in english, "amatuer" just doesn't look right, plus it gets a red squiggly line under it. :p

If the status of many clubs changes every year to professional (that's the correct english spelling while we're at it :)) perhaps the problem is with the configuration of the league? As in if the league is rich enough for pro clubs to be supported then maybe lowering prize money etc would stop them having the money.

I'm pretty sure it's "amateur" in english, "amatuer" just doesn't look right, plus it gets a red squiggly line under it. :p

If the status of many clubs changes every year to professional (that's the correct english spelling while we're at it :)) perhaps the problem is with the configuration of the league? As in if the league is rich enough for pro clubs to be supported then maybe lowering prize money etc would stop them having the money.

So let's go for "Amateur"... ;) I thought "Amatuer" was a right word since I saw it spelled like this numerous times. (And I prefer "Amateur" ;) )

but surely the clubs professional status has nothing to do with the league it is in and is more to do with its financial situation. If a club in the conference north was taken over by some tycoon, it wouldnt remain semi-pro just because all the other clubs in the division are. If the board decide its financially viable to operate a fully professional team, i see no reason why the status of the league should have any bearing whatsoever....

Maybe it's ok in England, but in France (Where I am), clubs in Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 (1st and 2nd divisions) must be professionnals, club in National (3rd division) are professionnals or semi-pros, and clubs in 4th division (CFA) and below can't be professionnals. (The "A" in "CFA" stands for "Amateur").

And with the patch I use, which let me play up to the 7th division (Where clubs are all Amateurs : no professionnals clubs, and I'm 99,9% sure no semi-pros clubs either), it is really annoying when my club become professionnal, in a "really amateur" division.

Archived