(iPhone) FMH: Does Club Status ever increase..?

Am currently on my fourth season with Benfica having won every tournament on offer and Champions League x2 - have a transfer budget of £27m+ after investment - but still cannot sign any top-ranked players as they are not interested in moving to Benfica..?

Problem is that Benfica start of with a good array of talent: (Fábio Coentrão, Javi García, Óscar Cardozo, David Luiz, Sidnei, Ángel di María, Ramires etc ) which it will be impossible to replace.

This seems to suggest that a long-term game at the top level in any league other than England, Italy or Spain will be impossible..?

You won't be able to sign top ranked, established names,

but you are able to sign the greatest talents on earth's surface.

These talents are just as good as the top ranked players (maybe even better), but they seem less worth the effort because they haven't estblished their name yet.

You won't be able to sign top ranked, established names,

but you are able to sign the greatest talents on earth's surface.

These talents are just as good as the top ranked players (maybe even better), but they seem less worth the effort because they haven't estblished their name yet.

Simply not true though.

Only 4 of the first 50 players aged 19-25 (ie your 'greatest talents') are interestd in joing Benfica after having won two Europen Cups, the World Club Championship, European Supercups etc - being rich, good facilities etc

How do I improve the team further - or indeed replace existing players when they leave..?

One thing I would suggest - the 'interested' filter isn't designed to be full proof and so I would advise still targeting players that are not listed as 'interested.'

I don't mean start trying your luck with the Messi's, Ronaldo's & Rooney's of football but you can aim a little higher than the players your assistant tells you you are capable of buying and sometimes be successful in those efforts.

I would also suggest using the attributes filter to uncover some lowly valued players that are actually pretty decent.

I don't think limiting the players you can sign makes long term games outside of the game's best leagues impossible. It's realistic and a bit of a challenge if you're aiming to succeed on a European level as well as the domestic front.

Supplemental question related to this:

If I clear my shortlist and ask to scout players previously on the shortlist the old scout report is simply repeated and no new information given - even to the extent of repeating comparisons to players that are no longer at my club. (ie Player A originally scouted last season is better/worse than Player B who I sold in the last Transfer Window)..!

I don't know therefore if anything has changed and whether a player that previously was not interested in signing for me might now be interested (or indeed how Player A compares to players that are still actually at my club)..?

Supplemental question related to this:

If I clear my shortlist and ask to scout players previously on the shortlist the old scout report is simply repeated and no new information given - even to the extent of repeating comparisons to players that are no longer at my club. (ie Player A originally scouted last season is better/worse than Player B who I sold in the last Transfer Window)..!

I don't know therefore if anything has changed and whether a player that previously was not interested in signing for me might now be interested (or indeed how Player A compares to players that are still actually at my club)..?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are already aware of the issue.

• SI Staff

Sorry about this - it was an oversight and is something I can confirm is now rectified in FMHi 2011 ... thanks for pointing it out.

Archived