Young Boys

thread close and infraction is needed here, post reported.

I thought this was aa bit harsh as well. I read it as he was making a joke about a football teams name. Now granted not a very good one and maybe not in good taste but still some people will find it funny.

Can't really report someone for having a warped sense of humour.

i didnt actually report the thread, just bored of people posting threads with a heading that makes you need to read the post, then its a pointless one like this.... relax

you don't NEED to read the post. I'm sure you must be smart enough to see if a post heading is Young Boys then there may be more to this than football oh and by the way i agree with you on pointless threads but sometimes the mood in here does nee lightend up

in what way? If its a legitimate thread about the team then its in the wrong place, if its someone trying to be smart, like a thread previously this evening, then its not called for.

I believe its the latter

Aussieant, click here...none of you managed in Switzerland before?

They used to play in Wankorf Stadium too lol.

He posted Young Boys, in capital letters. Anyone who managed in Central Europe would know what he means. I knew what he meant the second I read it.

He posted Young Boys, in capital letters. Anyone who managed in Central Europe would know what he means. I knew what he meant the second I read it.

I think most people in the thread realised they were a football club. :p

Of corse we know about a team in Switerland called Young Boys played FM long enough but in the UK they have been the butt of many jokes. Just like ARSENE Wenger at ARSEnel is also the BUTT of many jokes - see what i did there Arsenel - Butt - no - NM :)

and I agree with you but where do you put a thread such as this. Do you put it in off topic forum, but it has a football taam name on it. Do you place it in the team forum. Nah as there has been nothing said about the team at all. Maybe a mod can shed some light on this and then close it.

umm not sure why thats directed at me? I was the one saying that it may have been posted about the football team?

Cuz you were the one making a whole big fuss about trying to get him an infraction.

I think most people in the thread realised they were a football club.

I immediately went to the stereotype that Brits only know about British clubs (you know, like how some people call MLS a mickey mouse league without even watching a minute of soccer :p). Of course, I know you enough that you certainly don't fall into that category.

Of corse we know about a team in Switerland called Young Boys played FM long enough but in the UK they have been the butt of many jokes. Just like ARSENE Wenger at ARSEnel is also the BUTT of many jokes - see what i did there Arsenel - Butt - no - NM :)

How dare you make fun of my 2nd favourite English club. And I play FM with the same transfer philosophy at Wenger too. :(

winkyp.gif <---- we want these smileys back!!!

and I agree with you but where do you put a thread such as this. Do you put it in off topic forum, but it has a football taam name on it. Do you place it in the team forum. Nah as there has been nothing said about the team at all. Maybe a mod can shed some light on this and then close it.

Probably the football section of off the topic would be the best if something like this was considered worthy of being posted.

If he is asking about the team in FM, in the team guide, if about the real team, in the real football thread.

rancer, you are not making a great deal of sense, i said the post is fine if it is about the real football team and you post me a like to a site about them, thats what i didnt understand, was like you were trying to tell me that the team really doesn exist or something..

If he is asking about the team in FM, in the team guide, if about the real team, in the real football thread.

rancer, you are not making a great deal of sense, i said the post is fine if it is about the real football team and you post me a like to a site about them, thats what i didnt understand, was like you were trying to tell me that the team really doesn exist or something..

Because you genuinely sounded you had no idea who they were. I'm in a good mood so I linked you the club and all. Maybe you should go manage them (the football club obviously lol hehe). It's a lot of fun managing in Switzerland :thup:.

Cuz you were the one making a whole big fuss about trying to get him an infraction.

I immediately went to the stereotype that Brits only know about British clubs (you know, like how some people call MLS a mickey mouse league without even watching a minute of soccer :p). Of course, I know you enough that you certainly don't fall into that category.

How dare you make fun of my 2nd favourite English club. And I play FM with the same transfer philosophy at Wenger too.

winkyp.gif <---- we want these smileys back!!!

I definitely don't fall into that category as I am not a Brit. :p

I also do know a bit about other clubs as well though in that I heard of them at least. :D

Having said that, Young Boys had a fair bit of media coverage in Britain (as well as Ireland) last month, having played Tottenham in the Champions League qualifiers so more people would probably have heard of them had they not already.

I definitely don't fall into that category as I am not a Brit. :p

I also do know a bit about other clubs as well though in that I heard of them at least. :D

Having said that, Young Boys had a fair bit of media coverage in Britain (as well as Ireland) last month, having played Tottenham in the Champions League qualifiers so more people would probably have heard of them had they not already.

Stereotype #2: I keep thinking Irish people are Brits lol.

That's true though. I nearly forgot about that. Probably because I was watching my beloved TFC make their push to the playoffs. ;)

"If its a legitimate thread about the team then its in the wrong place"

surely i had to know the team were real to say this?

anyway, mixed wires me thinks, thank you for your attempted assistance.

Just to add i did 10 seasons with Young Boys in 09, was good fun

It was probably because of post #4 of this thread. You might have scared the poor guy lol.

It's all good. :thup:

Archived