Anyone else a Wenger?

I have found on football manager, Mr wenger's technique of picking up young talent is attractive to me, its got to the point where most brazilian parents or football clubs have to lock their 14-17 yr olds away at night and such.

Just in case I spring the anti-wenger like alarm systems (pioneered in France) and run back to switzerland giggling with a talented child in a sack.

Just wandering whether anyone alse has the same mentality.

yes. in fact, I kind of ruined a long-term game by signing too many foreign youngsters in the Championship - forgot about the homegrown squad rule! by the time I noticed, at 11:00 PM on August 31, it was too late to bring in some more English players to have a decent squad... only free transfers and loans, but then I'd have a bunch of foreign players sitting in the stands every day, making a lot of money.

I manage like Wenger in almost all facets:

- Work at a transfer profit or breakeven over a season

- Promote young players for older players

- Play youngsters in League Cup

- Sign young players

- Play beautiful football, almost certainly at expense of results

Average age: 22 :thup:

I don't really buy anyone over the age 21, mostly for price reasons. I can't afford world-class players, but I can afford potentially world-class players. I sell players when they get to 28 or so, unless they happen to be one of my best players. In those cases, I wait until 30.

I think it's something that most people have to do in the game now, or eventually at least, if you mean that we have to nurture youth.

But I think less people will have a policy on only using youngsters and consciously keeping the average age of the squad young even when older players are better.

Brenery, i don't know what you lure them with, i usually lure kids with candy, depends on their location though, the Brzailian ones want cash on sight, the English spoiled brats want expensive toys.

It's worth the hustle when you sell that kid 10 years later for 30 million pounds.

I always try to ensure that I have between 4 and 8 huge talents compared to my club level in my team who should be signed before turning 18 as they then still can become local players.

Indeed I would assume that most of the FM players are Wengers by large degree.

I used to be but the problem is I'm currently managing Real Madrid.

With the way how the B-team "Castilla" works (or should I say "not" works) in the game compared to the B-teams in the EPL it's pretty hard to have a talent factory.

So I end up buying mostly established star players.

Some teams are not suited for the Wenger style.

Is good... I have currently 22 players registered, all 22 club-trained.

This is always the dream. How about going one step further.....winning the world cup with only players who came through your academy.

Archived