Tutoring - is there any difference between which interaction you use?

WHen I wish to get a youngster tutored by a more senior player, does it make any difference which interaction option I chooose?

(I mean out of: I see x as your ideal role model / you would benefit from taking x's approach to the game / you could learn from x)

And if so, what is the difference?

IIRC there is no difference between the options with regards to how they are tutored. Its more of a seniority thing. Say your Man Utd and want to train up Chris Smalling, if you want Gary Neville to train him you would be best choosing the ideal role model option. If choosing lets say Vidic, you would choose benefit from Vidic's approach. If choosing Wes Brown you would choose learn from.

I read on here somewhere before that their are differences.

Learn from = change of personality type to more similar to that of the tutor.

Benefit from approach = personality change and mental stats increase if they are higher in the tutor: eg determanation

Ideal role model = personality change, mental stats increase and lerrns tutors ppm's.

They are also less likely to be successful the more you want the pupil to gain from the tutor, from what I read on another thread a while back.

slipknot is pretty close, there is a difference, each one will produce different results. Although i paid for the TT guide which explains it all in great detail..

Really? I didnt know this. I read somewhere on here that the tutoring requests had no difference at all. From what I read it was basically saying that if you wanted say Gary Neville to tutor a youngster and you only said 'learn from' he wouldnt be happy but if you said 'ideal role model' it would make him happier to do it because of his seniority within the club.

I better try and dig out this guide which you have and get reading :o

I read on here somewhere before that their are differences.

Learn from = change of personality type to more similar to that of the tutor.

Benefit from approach = personality change and mental stats increase if they are higher in the tutor: eg determanation

Ideal role model = personality change, mental stats increase and lerrns tutors ppm's.

They are also less likely to be successful the more you want the pupil to gain from the tutor, from what I read on another thread a while back.

slipknot is pretty close, there is a difference, each one will produce different results. Although i paid for the TT guide which explains it all in great detail..

No, No, No.

Slipknot is not pretty close, he is 100% totally wrong and I wish people would stop giving out that advice.

StevoRobbo is correct, to the tutee it makes no difference.

No, No, No.

Slipknot is not pretty close, he is 100% totally wrong and I wish people would stop giving out that advice.

StevoRobbo is correct, to the tutee it makes no difference.

Oh heck! Conflict :S

Maybe I should hang on to my £10 then!

Oh heck! Conflict :S

Maybe I should hang on to my £10 then!

£10?

I didn't think there was any charge for the TT&F guide, you just need to be registered on FM-Britain.

Here is the link: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/159310-Tactical-Theorems-10-Released!

There is a direct download link in the first post from Millie.

EDIT

Ah yes your talking about the second book, there is a charge for that I see.

Great, thanks very much Cougar2010 - may not be the same thing as Aussieant referring too but certainly worth checking out before parting with any cash for a guide that it seems may not even be correct! :S

:thup:

I haven't read the second book but I doubt it says what slipknot has written as FM-Britain are usually very good with information & advice.

All of these are wrong. It correlates to the amount of time you want them to learn from them. Learn from is the least amount of time and ideal is the best. For example, if you think someone you will be a great tutor, you choose ideal to give them the maximum amount of time. Tutoring increases some mental stats and transfers PPM's. For the record both of this can be achieved using any of the 3, just the longer ones mean they have a longer time to pick them up.

All of these are wrong. It correlates to the amount of time you want them to learn from them. Learn from is the least amount of time and ideal is the best. For example, if you think someone you will be a great tutor, you choose ideal to give them the maximum amount of time. Tutoring increases some mental stats and transfers PPM's. For the record both of this can be achieved using any of the 3, just the longer ones mean they have a longer time to pick them up.

All tutoring lasts 270 days I believe unless you have evidence to prove otherwise.

Why am I confident I am right? Because SI have confirmed thats the way it works - Post 218

i will hold my hand up and say i was mistaking. They do not have different outcomes, they have different level of whether it will work as to the type of player your trying to tutor, some when you get a player that syas 'failed to learn anything' it means it wasnt the right type of tutoring and you need to try a different one, eg ideal role model didnt work but taking his approach to the game might.

I would give the full exact wording but i wont as i paid for it, and i dont have the rights to redistribute

i will hold my hand up and say i was mistaking. They do not have different outcomes, they have different level of whether it will work as to the type of player your trying to tutor, some when you get a player that syas 'failed to learn anything' it means it wasnt the right type of tutoring and you need to try a different one, eg ideal role model didnt work but taking his approach to the game might.

I would give the full exact wording but i wont as i paid for it, and i dont have the rights to redistribute

All tutoring is random to a certain degree.

You could use the same option again and get a different outcome as you could by using one of the other two options.

End of the day whichever you choose is a fairly minor choice overall and far more attention should be given to the tutor's personality, hidden attributes, determination, PPMs etc. Without understanding what tutoring does you could easily be making a tutee's personality worse instead of better.

All tutoring lasts 270 days I believe unless you have evidence to prove otherwise.

Why am I confident I am right? Because SI have confirmed thats the way it works - Post 218

It is 180 days :) .... believe me, I have tested this ALOT.

@OP: And yes, the interaction option selected only matters to the tutor. Whether he will be happy or not. The selection you should use depends on his squad status.

If you want to know more about tutoring, check my thread here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test

Interesting. What role do you give for someone you think will not be a good tutor ?

Interesting. What role do you give for someone you think will not be a good tutor ?

What deathorglory wrote is incorrect. Tutoring always takes 180 days unless their personalities clash or you sell/loan out one of them.

As for your question, I would simply not use a guy as tutor if he has a bad personality.

Thanks for all the replies - lots of interesting linked threads for me to check out :thup:

Though I have to mention, it's not the tutors that have been problematic for me but the youngsters: they often seem "unsure" as to the benefits, and on more than a couple of occasions this has led to unhappiness :(

I have a goalkeeper that is 29 years old, a key player, with continental reputation, determined personality and international caps yet every one of my five young goalies is "unsure of the benefits" of his tutoring!

I think I need to research personality types a lot more.

Thanks for all the replies - lots of interesting linked threads for me to check out :thup:

Though I have to mention, it's not the tutors that have been problematic for me but the youngsters: they often seem "unsure" as to the benefits, and on more than a couple of occasions this has led to unhappiness :(

I have a goalkeeper that is 29 years old, a key player, with continental reputation, determined personality and international caps yet every one of my five young goalies is "unsure of the benefits" of his tutoring!

I think I need to research personality types a lot more.

Don't worry ... Unsure just means that the tutor have no PPMs. Check the first post of the thread I linked to. I did a lot of tests on tutoring results. Hopefully it will clear up some of misunderstandings.

Archived