Team entered in both Champions League and Europa League

I'm assuming this is some kind of bug, but in my game, Barcelona have been drawn in both the European Champions Cup group stage AND the Euro Cup group stage. What's more interesting is the fact that they were seeded 1st in the Champions Cup and 3rd in the Euro Cup. I don't really care that much (well, I won't until I inevitably draw them in a later round!), just wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this in their games.

2jc5uvl.jpg

I have seen this bug mentioned a couple of times but i cant remember if a reason as to why this happens was discovered. Maybe a quick search and you could find the other threads.

Keep us updated as to how they get on playing in both!:thup:

Long shot but did their B team do anything which could have qualified them into a second comp?

Prob just a bug though, I'm sure it's traceable though. Maybe Spain won fair play too?

Doesn't matter if Spain got a place through the Fair Play system, that wouldn't mean Barcelona would be in it. If my memory serves me right, if a country wins a place through the FP system, it's the team with the best FP record that season which gets the place, unless they're already in Europe, then the 2nd best FP record gets into Europe, and so on, until it finds the team with the best FP record who isn't already guaranteed a European place.

Doesn't matter if Spain got a place through the Fair Play system, that wouldn't mean Barcelona would be in it. If my memory serves me right, if a country wins a place through the FP system, it's the team with the best FP record that season which gets the place, unless they're already in Europe, then the 2nd best FP record gets into Europe, and so on, until it finds the team with the best FP record who isn't already guaranteed a European place.

I know how it works, but there might be a bug that awards it to a champions league side if they have the best fair play record or something.

No one would really notice it as it always goes to Denmark or Faroe Islands or something lol.

I would love this to happen to me! Is there any way to encourage this bug?!?! Any set of circumstances?

Also, what happens if they win both? Do they jsut automatically get given the Super Cup the following season?!?

This is the most awesome bug I have ever seen and I hope it happens to me one day :)

I am not sure how it happens but it was not through the fair play award. My missus won the FA Cup and the league, the following season she was drawn into both cups. Pretty sure the Europe League was drawn after the Champions League and it was quite confusing at the time. Would need a big squad to play all those games.

Well, if you win both, that'll be a good boost for your reputation ;)

Don't think the TS is playing as Barca, looking at the way his post is worded.

I actually think the clubs in La Liga are coming out best here, if they're playing Barcelona on, say, the Saturday, after Barca have already played on the Tuesday and Thursday. They're either getting the youth team, or Messi with an inhaler.

Archived