FM 2011: height and weight

Height is already relevant and has been for several versions.

It is taken into consideration when the Jumping attribute is calculated while within the ME its used to decide if the player needs to jump to reach the ball.

I'm not sure about weight though.

In the sticky they reply only to the advertised features, not about other aspects of the game.

It is also the thread that Miles is actively using. Do you really think he goes about reading every thread that has FM2011 in the title. If he did he'd have no time to do anything else.

Plenty of people have asked about other features and he's replied.

It is also the thread that Miles is actively using. Do you really think he goes about reading every thread that has FM2011 in the title. If he did he'd have no time to do anything else.

Plenty of people have asked about other features and he's replied.

Ok, I'll post it there, anyway I think you could also use another way of talking to people that you don't know, but I think you'll learn about it, somehow...

It is taken into consideration when the Jumping attribute is calculated while within the ME its used to decide if the player needs to jump to reach the ball.

that's not true. "jumping" incorporates height. there is a general rule the researchers use - I think 1.80 cm = 10 jumping, 1.90 cm = 15 jumping, etc. Peter Crouch doesn't have as good a leap as, say, Thomas Vermaelen, but his jumping rating is much higher because he's taller to begin with.

that's not true. "jumping" incorporates height. there is a general rule the researchers use - I think 1.80 cm = 10 jumping, 1.90 cm = 15 jumping, etc. Peter Crouch doesn't have as good a leap as, say, Thomas Vermaelen, but his jumping rating is much higher because he's taller to begin with.

Cordoba of inter milan it's more small but jumping more than players high. like puyol and cannavaro. small players but jumping

A simple question for Miles Jacobson and the other people of SI Games. Height and weight of a player are going to be relevant in FM 2011? If yes, how?

I remember reading in June here on Forums that Jumping attribute is being reviewed for FM11 and that it will be improved.

If anybody is hurt by something said on an internet forum they really need to grow up. I dont see what your problem is. All I said was post in the sticky because there was no need for a ANOTHER FM11 thread.

You have reply hurt after that you were no in agreement with a person. no it's normal and the question of respecting others ideas

You have reply hurt after that you were no in agreement with a person. no it's normal and the question of respecting others ideas

I do respect people's ideas ( good ones anyway :p ). This isnt even an idea though is it? Its a question, and I said to post it in the sticky instead of making another thread.

Thats the end of it.

Bye :thup:

Yes, thats what I said - Height is included in the jumping attribute.

In the ME height has an independent function as well - A player uses it to decide if he needs to jump or not, if he decides to jump then the jumping attribute is used and that has been confirmed by SI.

This thread is about FM11 height and weight isnt it?-lets keep it like that

Are we to make a new thread for every question possible for FM11 or just use the Stickys that are currently active by Miles and others involved in the game? It would make more sense to keep it all in there than keep clogging the forum with random questions. Most of which have already been asked and can be found by searching or not important anyway.

Are we to make a new thread for every question possible for FM11 or just use the Stickys that are currently active by Miles and others involved in the game?

Yeah, I agree that a new post for every idea is a pain, but last time I saw this queried, one of the mods popped up to say that they would prefer a new post each time as it's easier for them to spot new ideas. Odd but true.

EDIT: Here it is, by TES: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219585-a-thought-for-fm-11?p=5696889#post5696889

Yeah, I agree that a new post for every idea is a pain, but last time I saw this queried, one of the mods popped up to say that they would prefer a new post each time as it's easier for them to spot new ideas. Odd but true.

EDIT: Here it is, by TES: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/219585-a-thought-for-fm-11?p=5696889#post5696889

I understand what your saying. But the Mods cant answer these questions can they because they dont know. Miles can answer these questions but he's a busy man and only really replying to questions in the sticky, not trawling through every new thread. If you make a thread, chances are you wont even get an answer. All you will get from a mod is 'info will be released in due course' or some other generic line that gets pasted in. At least by putting it in the sticky that miles is actually viewing you have more of a chance of getting your question answered, and also doing your bit to keep the forum clutter free (if possible).

:)

If you read the OP Stevo then Piadinaro says Miles and other SI people! And to say Miles is active in the sticked thread - when he makes an announcement about a FM11 new feature then he will stay in there for a short while to see the respone and answer a few question - but please don't say he is active in there because that is just rubbish.

And Stevo. All I see from you is you being being hrash and pathetic and just out to bad mouth people - if anyone needs to grow up it is you.

I vote SteveRobbo for mod, responsible for summarizing all the new ideas incorrectly posted in separate threads, into the Sticky! What do you say Stevie?! :)

In all seriousness it is annoying. There is a thread/sticky for new ideas already. If there was no need for it and everybody was meant to make a new theread for every new idea, there would be no point in it.

With regards to this thread though, its a question not a new idea. The only person that could possibly answer it is Miles and he's not going to trawl through loads of threads replying to questions. He might not even answer them in the sticky but that is where he is answering questions at the moment and the thread where he is active the most at this point in time. If your gonna get any answers it will be there.

Its not rocket is it really :confused:

Calm down mate, from what I've seen Stevo is a pretty good contributor to the forum, and all he's trying to do is uphold the forum rules.

I am very calm! :p Whether he is a good poster or not is irrelevent - it his attitude on here that I have noticed for many months. And as a few people have eluded to it, I thought it the right time that others members can see how he bahaves on here.

Calm down mate, from what I've seen Stevo is a pretty good contributor to the forum, and all he's trying to do is uphold the forum rules.

This :thup:

Im not trying to be funny. Im just trying to keep a bit of order. There are loads of pointless threads and perfectly good threads get pushed down because of this. Something needs to be done but because I dont have Mod after my name it comes across like im trying to tell people what to do or whatever.

A bit of common sense is all that is needed here.

I am very calm! :p Whether he is a good poster or not is irrelevent - it his attitude on here that I have noticed for many months. And as a few people have eluded to it, I thought it the right time that others members can see how he bahaves on here.

The only attitude I may have is towards people who dont search before making common threads like 'what laptop should I buy' or to people that make stupid poinless threads. If people used common sense or followed the rules there would be no need for it.

Its convenient how you fail to see any of the many posts where I actually help people out :rolleyes:

Archived