I quit the FM series

until they add the encourage individual players instruction during the game

the one v ones are pathetic on here

i missed 6 just in one game which isnt something new, then my player misses a penalty, 15 composure, 18 penalty taking and they still have good ratings end of the game, then the other side win the game when a crap long shot player scores a 30 yarder top corner

woo no more andrew moaning

atleast sort the defence out s.i, its terrible, the one v ones are like playing cod and shooting someone 10 times with a sniper and they dont die

in all seriousness id like to try and help. I dont want a fellow manager to give up.

I know its a running joke on here, but what tactics are you using, mainly in defence? It was 'unofficially' reported that setting a high defensive line actually increases long shots/long shot goals. You missed a penalty, im sure this must have happened a few times as surely you wouldnt quit the game cause of that, everyone misses at some point. In regards tothe one on ones, there is more to it then composure, not to mention the other keepers stats on saving one on onces. you may be at the point of not wanting help, but ill try if you do!

aussieant32, what it is mate i'm not looking for help to be honest, i have a real life side i coach and when your in the game, your shouting constantly to encourage them, when they make a mistake i shout unlucky mate but keep your hard work up, or when they miss a good chance, i say unlucky mate but good movement of the ball, i want to see more of that, well on fm, you no, you give the team talks and you have to see what comes of it, you cant do anything else after you say that team talks, the unrealisic amount of 1v1 saves is terrible, even schmeichel never managed to save so many in one game as much as they do on fm, and i know there is more to one v ones like a player needs finishing, composure, technique, anticipation of the goalies movement, decisions on what to do and such, but on fm, one v ones and the poor defending ruins it, i'm not saying i concede loads but when your cb does what you tell him not to by closing down then there player passes it past him with a through balls and your defence is split, there is no intelligence what so ever

aussieant32, what it is mate i'm not looking for help to be honest, i have a real life side i coach and when your in the game, your shouting constantly to encourage them, when they make a mistake i shout unlucky mate but keep your hard work up, or when they miss a good chance, i say unlucky mate but good movement of the ball, i want to see more of that, well on fm, you no, you give the team talks and you have to see what comes of it, you cant do anything else after you say that team talks, the unrealisic amount of 1v1 saves is terrible, even schmeichel never managed to save so many in one game as much as they do on fm, and i know there is more to one v ones like a player needs finishing, composure, technique, anticipation of the goalies movement, decisions on what to do and such, but on fm, one v ones and the poor defending ruins it, i'm not saying i concede loads but when your cb does what you tell him not to by closing down then there player passes it past him with a through balls and your defence is split, there is no intelligence what so ever

Its hard to sympathise as i dont have the same issue, im assuming your a top side and have defenders with decent stats? If you dont want help ill go away, was just offereing for a manager in need :)

there is no intelligence what so ever

So true!!

That was quite a sentence, my friend. You need to keep in mind that this is just a game, and shouldn't really be compared to going out there and coaching on a Sunday morning. There are plenty of things you can do within the game to change things around if you're struggling.

i had the 10.3 patch until i removed the game earlier, lol, i was norwich but had players like tyson upfront and holt, not the best but 14 finishing is quite good and cant remember holts, also had simeon jackson who took the penalty, and yeah it is just a game, exact same on fifa, the defence is woeful, but the one v ones are easy as anyhing on that, lol

i had tyson for 3 months and he was bunk so that solves that mystery. when you say what players your using i fail to see a reason to quit, norwich generally sit in the blue square premier in mine, not really a good squad there, and with tyson and holt as your starting strikers im assuming not a very strong currently.

End of the day its your game, if you dont want to work at it to get it right then its not for you.

i had the 10.3 patch until i removed the game earlier, lol, i was norwich but had players like tyson upfront and holt, not the best but 14 finishing is quite good and cant remember holts, also had simeon jackson who took the penalty, and yeah it is just a game, exact same on fifa, the defence is woeful, but the one v ones are easy as anyhing on that, lol

Well they also need good composure for one on ones. If you search the forums for super keepers then you will see a lot of threads about players missing nearly all one v ones and keepers saving them all. This was because of a bug where a certain type of through ball (i think) couldnt be defended against and it was unrealistic. Patch 10.3 fixed this though so im not sure why your experiencing the problem. Are you sure you had 10.3 installed correctly?

...but on fm, one v ones and the poor defending ruins it, i'm not saying i concede loads but when your cb does what you tell him not to by closing down then there player passes it past him with a through balls and your defence is split, there is no intelligence what so ever

I know what you mean, the defending can be infuriating at times. I've had through balls against my team, straight through the centre of my back four, and they stand there and watch the ball go past, and just as the striker's about to hit it, they suddenly wake up and think "Oh, hang on...".

i have a real life side i coach and when your in the game, your shouting constantly to encourage them...

I occasionally do shout obscenities at my screen in some hope my players will respond. It doesn't work and I get funny looks from anyone in the house at the time, including my dogs.

yes because when i updated it, it loaded the 10.3 update thing, and i signed top notch players with norwich, i had this one am with 18 creativity 15 passing from las palmes or something, van der meyde i played him Lam, his creativity is top notch, i had numerous 1v1s, even v my U18s side on it i won 1-0, i mean there is a huge difference in quality, i missed so many 1v1s it was unreal, i have been playing fm's since 05 was it :/ never had any problems really with any fm until last years when it started getting boring, never noticed the 1v1 bug everyone talked about until this years fm, i actually thought people couldnt take losing when they said it, lol, how wrong can a guy be lol

yes because when i updated it, it loaded the 10.3 update thing, and i signed top notch players with norwich, i had this one am with 18 creativity 15 passing from las palmes or something, van der meyde i played him Lam, his creativity is top notch, i had numerous 1v1s, even v my U18s side on it i won 1-0, i mean there is a huge difference in quality, i missed so many 1v1s it was unreal, i have been playing fm's since 05 was it :/ never had any problems really with any fm until last years when it started getting boring, never noticed the 1v1 bug everyone talked about until this years fm, i actually thought people couldnt take losing when they said it, lol, how wrong can a guy be lol

The only thing I can suggest then is try a different team. Or maybe your players are not as good as you think.

Try the FM11 demo when it comes out. Its not gonna cost you anything is it. You never know, it could be the best game ever

yeah i will try the demo, i told my mate it dont matter how good the next fm's will be, i wont play one until the defence and 1v1s are sorted, i told him alot more one v ones need to go in than missed, even if they have real life graphics and add the best thing in the world, 1v1s is enough to damage any football game in my opinion if there constant misses, and well tyson had finishing of 14 so when he had ball on his favoured foot, you expect something more than the straight shots at the keeper, they actually shoot 1v1s as if there aiming for the goalies chest if you have noticed, lol.

yeah i will try the demo, i told my mate it dont matter how good the next fm's will be, i wont play one until the defence and 1v1s are sorted, i told him alot more one v ones need to go in than missed, even if they have real life graphics and add the best thing in the world, 1v1s is enough to damage any football game in my opinion if there constant misses, and well tyson had finishing of 14 so when he had ball on his favoured foot, you expect something more than the straight shots at the keeper, they actually shoot 1v1s as if there aiming for the goalies chest if you have noticed, lol.

Yes I have noticed. But that was the bug. Its been fixed on my game since 10.3 so I dont understand why yours isnt the same.

sorry mate, well next time you start take a look or something, i uninstalled the whole fm 10 and fmlive :( lol

deisler, i had millions of space on most of them, not even near a cb and still would miss with their favoured foot, like straight at keepers chest

There's a lot to consider before assuming that 1v1's are fatally flawed in the game, with 10.3 patch applied. Personally, I'm happy overall with the conversion rate balance, but I'm fully aware of what player attributes work in favour. I've had strikers with great anticipation, composure, finishing with suitable PPM's (such as "rounds keeper", or "lobs keeper", or even "places shots") to aid their decisions when 1v1. I've also had strikers who frustratingly spurn plenty of 1v1 chances, but I understand that in the main, it's because of either their (lack of ideally suitable) attributes, or that they might just happen to be up against a keeper who's able to face down such opportunities well.

When it comes to keepers for example, my current keeper seems to be "the next Peter Schmeichel" when it comes to facing down 1v1's. I think he's conceded only one such opportunity from memory, all season. That's because he's got the right attributes to stand more than a good chance of containing these opportunities. I'm sure it must frustrate the AI. :)

Image_5_for_Sunday_Mirrors_Top_10_Premier_League_Players_gallery_521823988.jpg

"Come on... I dare you to get the ball around me!"

For me missing 1v1's has alot to do with a player's confidence - too much or too little can affect their conversion rate.

For my last save of FM10 i'm being Valencia, but with alot of restrictions on who i can buy etc, meaning I have David Villa (=super-striker!) but even he started missing for me - a quick kick up the backside (disappointed) soon did the trick with him! I also signed Lavezzi in Jan who has finishing 12 and composure 14. He started brilliantly, then couldn't hit the net to save his life and lost all his confidence: it was the first time i'd experienced this 1v1 problem and didn't know what to do for a while, but then tried a 'no pressure!' at the start of a match and it led to him scoring two 1v1's in that match!

edit: wish I listened to my own advice more often! Silva has been brilliant at setting others up but recently he's been awful at 1v1's and missed a sitter of one in the first half of my last match, so at ht said 'no pressure' and within 3 minutes of the restart he got 1v1 and cooly slotted the ball into the net. I'm convinced I'm onto something here, though note confidence is different from morale.

Archived