Poll for full stats in player history

Would you fancy such an option added in the game ?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fancy such an option added in the game ?

• Yes
    • No

As we can see in this thread for instance, many people have been begging for years now for an option to set up which stats we feel like displaying in player history by default (league only stats, or 1st team stats). Yet we so far still don't have it, and while SI have been thinking about it, we haven't heard about this since then.

I know there have been quite a few threads about this subject. However, I haven't seen a poll and I think this would be the best way we can show SI the strength of our wish and strongly encourage SI to change things sooner. Is it too late for FM11 ? Surely it could be added in a patch, if not already in the upcoming game.

I voted no. For the simple reason that it would take too much time to research and frankly there are more important things which the game needs. Cosmetic issues should be at the end of the list IMO.

Not necessarily : choosing the full stats could hide the past historic data so there s no comparison made with past league stats (or this could be an additional option^^). Or, SI could leave it as they used to do in former FM/CM's, at least temporarily, until SI find the resource to fill the stats for past history.

It's fine as it is. All teams play league games. ie. Premiership - everyone is compared fairly within their 38 games.

Such an option would still let you choose what you like best. Why forcing everybody to your way ? An option is fair at least.

I voted no, mainly because that my poor laptop struggles already with FM, so although I would like to see these stats, there are more important things to fill up the last remaining bits of performance!

I don't think this would take that much : the information is already in game, there would be only an additional box to tick to change the view you have in history.

I dont see why being able to view somebodies stats from 7 years ago makes a difference. 7 years is a long time and is in no way a reflection on how a player is now. 4/5 years ago a lot of my unfortunate Man City fan friends thought Stephen Ireland was the biggest waste of space going. Then the season after he was their best player and was voted so by the same fans that would have been happy to see him go the previous summer.

I think the stats already go back far enough for you to get a good idea of the player and any progression/decline in his game. The time spent on researching stats from 7-10 years ago could be better used elsewhere.

The stats you speak of are already there each season. Why are you trying to force me up your way?

Because we are many people tired of clicking on each year lines to see overall stats, the total is not even computed and it is difficult to see the player's overall stats for the club (including cups and european competition). Therefore we don't even click on them anymore, or we don't pay as much attention to this screen as we would like to do.

But only league stats should be important - as everybody has the opportunity to play the same amount of games.

Players who relish the top level and break records should be recognised. If you are in a lower reputation league and score tons of goals, no-one will take notice, but if you make it into the CL and still score a goal per game, that should be acknowledged and recorded for people to see.

I voted yes because i would like to have the option of seeing the stats for all competitions without having to click through the individual seasons. I wouldn't be too bothered if they didn't research the data for previous seasons but I would still like it as an option.

i think it is very easy for someone to say 'i want every stat available on a player to be there' when you are not the one who spends countelss hours researching the teams. Do you have any idea how hard it is, especially for smaller teams with players that i doubt many have even heard of outside of that teams supporters, to get all the stats possible? Its a struggle to get whats there now, let alone adding any more.

Just giving my 2 cents from the actual researchers side.

Just to add, yes it is too late for FM11 as all research files have been submitted

I agree that the research for this would take a lot of work but how about it only shows the info for all competitions from the start of the game. My idea of how this could work is to have a drop down menu in the top right like at the fixture screen where you can choose each competition to see the total in each competition or in all competitions. For those that want to continue to only view the stats for the league will still have the option to do this while others who may want to see all competitions would have the option as well. Not sure if this would be easy to do programming wise but it seems like a way of pleasing both sides to this debate.

if the argument is that an option to view cetain stats (that are already in the game) over a set period fine, i just dont seen any other stats being able to be added, as i said its hard enough to find the stats currently there for alot of players.

Being able to filter to only see the stats you want to see would be a fine addition eg, filter -> League Goals -> All seasons or something along those lines

i think it is very easy for someone to say 'i want every stat available on a player to be there' when you are not the one who spends countelss hours researching the teams. Do you have any idea how hard it is, especially for smaller teams with players that i doubt many have even heard of outside of that teams supporters, to get all the stats possible? Its a struggle to get whats there now, let alone adding any more.

Just giving my 2 cents from the actual researchers side.

Just to add, yes it is too late for FM11 as all research files have been submitted

I think you misunderstood completely the idea here mate.

I didn't see anybody asking anything regarding past data ? Has anybody ever complained that those stats have never been in the game so far ? When you click on years related to past historic data, the info for cups are not displayed, neither SI or any of us have complained about this. The option we are wishing here has nothing to do with past historic data for these cups : if it can't be added then it's fine to keep leaving it blank as it has always been.

Btw you can't compare anybody from here with SI researchers as nobody from here is paid by SI and has a dedicated occupation and time for the game. Plus things being hard I don't see the point. Nothing is easy in life, and nothing in FM has been easy and still SI did it. I don't think it's by thinking like this that SI improves the game every year.

This will probably be included but has probably still not been mentioned. I would like to see under total goals scored, for cup games to be relevant. For some reason, only league games are included and therefore youngsters get the notable status of no goals scorer in a year even though they may have done so in a cup competition.

It's fine as it is. All teams play league games. ie. Premiership - everyone is compared fairly within their 38 games.

But I for one have several players in my St Mirren side, whom I pretty much play mostly in europe, they do get league games, but I always rest them the game before a european game and alternate them to keep them fit. This means league-wise they sometimes only end up playing 18-23 league games a season, rather than 38, which makes them seem "bad" but they're actually doing excellent in europe.

I voted no, mainly because that my poor laptop struggles already with FM, so although I would like to see these stats, there are more important things to fill up the last remaining bits of performance!

Well if i'm understanding it correctly, there stats are already there, there's just no way to display them neatly in the history. It'd be simple to just select from a drop down menu or another tab to see all league and cup competition game stats combined together. It'd just be a simple equation and the stats are already there, if you click on the year you can see it saves all league and cup competitions but there's no "adding it up" unless you're looking at the player hall of fame.

Btw you can't compare anybody from here with SI researchers as nobody from here is paid by SI and has a dedicated occupation and time for the game. Plus things being hard I don't see the point. Nothing is easy in life, and nothing in FM has been easy and still SI did it. I don't think it's by thinking like this that SI improves the game every year.

Only a small number of researchers (6 iirc- Overall HR, Two English HRs, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham) are employed by SI. Most are volunteers. Aussieant is one such volunteer researcher.

I don't think it would work, with the inconsistency between past and future stats.

I think you misunderstood completely the idea here mate.

I didn't see anybody asking anything regarding past data ? Has anybody ever complained that those stats have never been in the game so far ? When you click on years related to past historic data, the info for cups are not displayed, neither SI or any of us have complained about this. The option we are wishing here has nothing to do with past historic data for these cups : if it can't be added then it's fine to keep leaving it blank as it has always been.

I also said, that if the option being asked for is for you to be able to tailor your view of the existing stats than its a fine idea. Ill add it in as you decided to skip it for your rant:

"if the argument is that an option to view cetain stats (that are already in the game) over a set period fine, i just dont seen any other stats being able to be added, as i said its hard enough to find the stats currently there for alot of players.

Being able to filter to only see the stats you want to see would be a fine addition eg, filter -> League Goals -> All seasons or something along those lines "

And dont even try to start telling how researchers work and get paid mate, look under my username, i am one of the unpaid researchers.

No-brainer really, there's a bit of whitespace that should have room for various checkboxes (default only league checked, but allow for cups and international competitions).

As for the unbalanced argument, that makes no sense because the more data you have the better the overall representation of the entire season there is. By limiting to a single competition you introduce a bias that is the fact that is the league constraint.

In addition we never get to see things like how a player performed in Europe or pre-season easily.

I also said, that if the option being asked for is for you to be able to tailor your view of the existing stats than its a fine idea. Ill add it in as you decided to skip it for your rant:

"if the argument is that an option to view cetain stats (that are already in the game) over a set period fine, i just dont seen any other stats being able to be added, as i said its hard enough to find the stats currently there for alot of players.

Being able to filter to only see the stats you want to see would be a fine addition eg, filter -> League Goals -> All seasons or something along those lines "

And dont even try to start telling how researchers work and get paid mate, look under my username, i am one of the unpaid researchers.

Ok you make a point for the researchers.

Now this option would still be possible without increasing (right now, as we can guess it might be, some day) the data for past history. As I suggested, when the player choose overall stats, the option would hide (or leave blanks as it currently is for assist) at the same time all past data to preserve consistency between stats. I prefer this option and lose the view on historic data than the current way. Still, everybody could choose what he prefers.

I think some people are a little confused about what is being requested. Nobody is asking for historical data to be included, just for stats accumulated during the period of the game. I personally want to know when my player is making his 200th appearance in all competitions or scores his 300th goal of his career in all competitions, not just in the league.

The stats are already kept by the game it's just a case of setting up a screen to display it more clearly. A checkbox system could easily be implemented so you could choose to just display league stats, european stats, cup stats or everything.

I voted yes. I personally would like to see the full games the player has played, not just league games. Anyone who doesn't want this could then just set it to only show league games if this feature existed, therefore everyone would be happy.

You can see the full games the player has played. It already shows just league games. Why change?

Archived