How to find good players for top teams

Go to the Spanish, Italian, French and English first divisions, and look through teams players. They may have some developing stars you may want to nab on the cheap or they may have some influential players who would be brilliant for your squad. This will find you good players.

I find it hard to believe you have got as far as you have in your game without being able to find good players.

I have found good players in the past but i can't find good ones now plus i havn't played this save for about 3 weeks now so i have forgot things

Get your chequebook out. There's always something out there, but you'll pay for it!

Not always though. The best player I've ever worked with on FM cost me £300K. World footballer of the year, 40 goals a season for five conseutive years and the rest for £300K. I was turning down offers of £40M two years later.

Have a look round the international scene and see if there are any good young up and comign players available....or do a search for a striker based in attributes you want...or go to another league and see who has been banging in the goals this season....couple of ways there should help you identify a striker!

I have found good players in the past but i can't find good ones now plus i havn't played this save for about 3 weeks now so i have forgot things

How did you find good players in the past ? For the second part of your line get back into your save and come back to us later, we ll take it from there if you still have an issue :)

its easy to say look at those with highest value and look at teams from other big clubs but i like to look for a bargain or a young lad who has got a big future. not the best of examples but i signed a regen from banfield for 8m at the age of 18. hes described as a wonderkid and has been awesome for me so far.

i have the same problem with my scouts as the op. i have won the champions league 2 years running with ajax. i will scout players and i get a lot of players described as 'useful' or 2 star rating. im at the stage now where a 2 1/2 star player will be good enough for me, 3 stars will simply be a top signing for me. even vela got 2 stars on my scout reports and hes hammering teams in italy. i can only assume that my team is that good that very few players on the game will be good enough for me to sign.

the thing is though if you do want to find the young talent or right price players you do need to go hunting. i spend hours a season doing it but the effort put into it is really what makes me successful.

Im in a similar spot, i have a very stong wolves side and find it tough to get players better than i have already, if you get anything 2.5 - 3 stars then they would be worth a shot as they should be (depending on your scouts accuracy) as good as what you have, any higher and they should be better than what you have.

also if you are using the search list, untick 'filter reaslistic players' as alot of the players will be taken out even if you could sign them!

Chris Reeves still looks very decent.

Not sure about Ekrem and Rory though. Maybe they will need replacing in the next season - though Andy Daly doesn't seem good enough.

I think loaning Emilio is a fine idea, maybe you can get someone else in.

In the meantime, looks for players with good potential and slowly start to phase them in.

Use the Player Search "filter" for players in International Under 21 squads.

@ Luton Town: It is kind of late. It is quite hard to believe you waited til your 1st team strikers are reaching 32 to start panicking. You should be starting to hunt when they are around 28 so they can tutor for like 2 more years and ease into the 1st team. Anyway, I realized all of them are really slow. Your old men have pretty good technical and mental attributes. That 16 year old is too darn slow to be a forward I think, if you scouts rate him highly, just loan him out for a few years and sell him off. And the 17 yo loanee needs better mental attributes. I like players with high determination.

I play the LLM way so I don't use player searches but.. i have way too many good strikers. I don't know who will turn out awesome. I just.. try my luck. So long my scouts rate them to be a leading footballer. And their mentality is pretty good like.. Determined, or.. Fairly Ambitious or what with no negative traits. I am quite fine and I will buy them to try to see if it works out.

Ambition and determination is important because it determines how much a young player will develop. Together with workrate. So long they arent injury prone or gets nervous from big matches you are pretty much fine. Play them in U18 or reserves and loan them out later and test them in your 1st team for cup matches, before you know it. tada~ wonderkid.

By the way, Brazil generates a ton of awesome players. I get my scouts to scout all the big footballing nations for ages 17 and under. And constantly scout their U18 games. Spain, Tunisia, Turkey, Mexico, Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Denmark, England, yea... Those few countries produce pretty good regen for me. Brazil has such overwhelming quality that I feel like buying every newgen of theirs.

In my 12 seasons or so, I found a few wonderkids. A MC from Spain, MC from Brazil, ST from England, DMC from Denmark, and LB from Tunisia.

My squad happens to be very young as I can like have half of them without assigning squad numbers are they are below the minimum age.

Archived