Chairman too patient?

A straight forward point but one thats been bugging me but i dont think sackings are frequent enough in FM2010. E.G. in my save (jan 2011) Chelsea sit 4th after only finishing 3rd and off the pace in the first season yet Ancelotti seemingly is safe. Now i know eventually he will be sacked but we all know IRL he'd be gone as soon as they were empty handed in the first season. Same goes for Real Madrid, most of Serie A, Russia and Turkey to name a few. All of these places are fairly notorious for their revolving door policy they operate but on FM its probably impossible for there to be 2 or 3 managers in one season.

Via the editor the Patience is set really low in some of the cases so it may be the actual sytstem that needs changing

I know its a feature that people would think if it was too realistic it would be too hard but i think it would be a stride forward to what we all want FM to be.

thoughts/experiences please

exactly, there just doesnt seem enough pressure at the top. Its not always been the case hav eexoerienced trigger happy Chairman in previous CM/FM versions, just seems they've gone a little soft on their employees. I read stories about international managers dismissed quite quickly on here but club management seems a little too stable

Tottally agree.

I'm with Luton in Division One and I always sign a 1 year extension to my contract, in order for me to go to a better club eventually - only to find out that those who are unstable at the end of the season never leave, unless they decide to retire.

If a club has an objective and completely fails it, I can only assume it will sack the manager the day after it's failure, or he himself resigns.

I agree, these suprises make the season so much more fun, for example, who has ever seen a manager leave a week before season begins on fm?! who has ever seen a manager get sacked 4 games into the league one season? no. these suprises that mix up the league and make things interesting are seriously lacking in football manager...

glad its not just me. Although im yet to do a LLM i can only imagine how frustrating it must be waiting for an opportunity to come up. Im pretty sure Mourinho and Ancelotti will have to look elsewhere if they finish this season empty handed, whereas on FM they'd still be employed

Totally agree. It's probably how it is so that ppl don't keep posting 'why have I been sacked???!!!!' threads as there were a couple of years ago, but a few moaners that would inevitably occur if it was made harder to stay in a job shouldn't stop SI from making the game more realistic for the rest.

But, I also believe that if you have a crap season, then you need to possibly be given a second chance.

This is the thing, should be able to give a dialogue between you and the board and say about your aims and what you need to achieve it budget wise, and perhaps apologise or explain why you didnt win and they'd meet for a day or two and decide your future.

this may be included in the real time interraction for FM11. The option is kind of there already, you may ask for more time to build your squad and you do get to set your goals quite often providing that the goal isnt a given eg the board will accept nothing more than winning the league.

but i agree, i have never seen a resignation, i dont think..

I have seen plenty of resignations at international level but none at clubs

Archived