Wenger to Man City???????

At the end of the first year into my current save I notice Man City sack Mancini for finishing 5th and I think ooh i'll apply for that, go on to their squad screen and the apply for job has already gone, so I look who's taken the job, it's only Arsene Wenger, so I think i'll apply for the Arsenal job, nope thats gone too, whose got it? yep Roberto Mancini, all this happened in just 4 days!!!

Has anyone ever seen Wenger leave Arsenal for City? particulary after just the first season? I've seen him go to Real Madrid, Bracelona and even the French national team but never to Man City

Heh, funny that swap. I was really sad when Alan Shearer who had Newcastle at 4th left to join 7th place Man city. I couldn't really see him doing that.. leaving a doing really well newcastle side - the club he loves and supports, for man city who were doing worse. It's just.. i don't think he'd do it, it's sad :(.

Not seen Wenger go to City before, though City have been ruthless in my current save, Newcastle. They sacked Mancini in January 2010 and hired Juande Ramos, he was sacked a just over a year later in Feb 2011 (after a 3-0 defeat to Arsenal lol) and Claudio Ranieri has been hired. He's lasted a month so far...

Mancini always get's sacked and ends up with the Arsenal or Chelsea jobs once Wenger has retired, Strangely enough though, whenever Fergie leaves Manchester United, For whatever reason, he is never employed by another club, just stays unemployed untill he decides to retire, which is sunrealistic really considering he owuld probably be the most sought after manager in world football Considering he is the most successful

I always find that SAF generally stays with United until he is ready to retire (normally 2 or 3 years)

On a previous FM, Mourinho always used to leave Inter for the Portugal job and SAF was always his replacement! It used to frustrate me as Mourinho had only just joined Inter and I'm pretty sure Fergie would never go to Inter.

I've only ever seen Wenger at Arsenal, France, and Real Madrid. in my game as well, Mancini is still at Man City and has guided them to the last 5 EPL titles in a row (in 2018). the other top clubs are having a lot of trouble. Chelsea and Tottenham are flirting with relegation (it's December and Spurs are dead last with only 10 points, Chelsea not much better with 14). Man Utd can never replace Ferguson - since he retired in 2012 they've hired and sacked Juande Ramos, Michael Laudrup, Martin O'Neill, and right now Krasimir Balakov is the manager. Other strange things include Javier Aguirre as Wenger's successor at Arsenal, Brian Laws replacing Benitez at Liverpool, David Moyes leaving Everton to take charge at Arsenal, getting sacked, and returning to Everton to replace the sacked Dave Jones, who then moved to Arsenal, and most recently... Phil Brown is the Chelsea manager!

I've only ever seen Wenger at Arsenal, France, and Real Madrid. in my game as well, Mancini is still at Man City and has guided them to the last 5 EPL titles in a row (in 2018). the other top clubs are having a lot of trouble. Chelsea and Tottenham are flirting with relegation (it's December and Spurs are dead last with only 10 points, Chelsea not much better with 14). Man Utd can never replace Ferguson - since he retired in 2012 they've hired and sacked Juande Ramos, Michael Laudrup, Martin O'Neill, and right now Krasimir Balakov is the manager. Other strange things include Javier Aguirre as Wenger's successor at Arsenal, Brian Laws replacing Benitez at Liverpool, David Moyes leaving Everton to take charge at Arsenal, getting sacked, and returning to Everton to replace the sacked Dave Jones, who then moved to Arsenal, and most recently... Phil Brown is the Chelsea manager!

That proper made me lol.

Almost as funny as Brian Laws getting sacked leaving his team stuck in the Championship relegation zone (who were eventually relegated to League 1).

Then given the job at a Premier League team (sitting in 14th place at the time) a few weeks later after he was sacked. (and help that club towards relegation aswell. 2 teams in one season, both relegated!). :D

Bobby Mancini is at Arsenal on my game, trying to pinch my players. Claude Puel is at City, not doing great, missed out on Europe entirely last year. No big falls from grace yet, unfortunately, anywhere in the world. But Man U are teetering on the precipice of mediocrity and worse I hope.

That proper made me lol.

Almost as funny as Brian Laws getting sacked leaving his team stuck in the Championship relegation zone (who were eventually relegated to League 1).

Then given the job at a Premier League team (sitting in 14th place at the time) a few weeks later after he was sacked. (and help that club towards relegation aswell. 2 teams in one season, both relegated!). :D

yeah, Liverpool's current manager is Lee Clark. not sure that's much of an improvement IRL, but in the game Clark is a great manager. he has Liverpool in 2nd, behind only Man City, who look like winning their 6th consecutive title.

I only have the English leagues loaded; otherwise there might be even more funny stuff going on in other leagues. Delio Rossi is still at Palermo after 9 years, which is nothing short of a miracle.

Archived