learning new languages

it really annoys me how if i sign a player on a pre-contract in january they dont start learning english till they move 6 month later. surely if a player knew he was moving 6 months in advance, he would start learning the language straight away. not sure how hard this would be to put into the game but i think its a small feature that be useful to implement.

it really annoys me how if i sign a player on a pre-contract in january they dont start learning english till they move 6 month later. surely if a player knew he was moving 6 months in advance, he would start learning the language straight away. not sure how hard this would be to put into the game but i think its a small feature that be useful to implement.

IMO it would be a good feature. Or e.g. the option to hire a teacher for a player who doesn't speaks e.g. English when he arrives at the club. Just like bebe will have English teacher IRL as confirmed by Man Utd.

Are you sure this isn't in the game? I have signed players from Brazil at like age 15 and 3 years later whn they join at 18 they can speak english. I think this is only if they have high adaptability attribute, but maybe this was in FM08 or 09.

Are you sure this isn't in the game? I have signed players from Brazil at like age 15 and 3 years later whn they join at 18 they can speak english. I think this is only if they have high adaptability attribute, but maybe this was in FM08 or 09.

I don't think it's already in the game, though I might be wrong.

A good idea, but not universal. I think faced with a move to an English club at some point in the future some players would spend time learning English and some wouldn't bother. Equally some would prove to be better learners than others too. Another feature that, if implemented well, would add to the game.

Archived