How do you buy out sell on clauses?

Out of interest Dafuge, how easy is it to get '50% of next transfer fee' clause inserted? Do you have to compromise on the fee you received?

Normally I use it when I can't shift a player but think he may improve in the future, so I normally put one in there when I'm dropping the asking price considerably or giving them away for nothing.

Normally I use it when I can't shift a player but think he may improve in the future, so I normally put one in there when I'm dropping the asking price considerably or giving them away for nothing.

I tend to put clauses in when selling youngsters who I dont have any large inherentvalue at the moment but I think could come good with a bit of luck. I may start trying to put clauses in most of my deals in the future

No, it is completely down to the board to arrange them. Bit annoying really as they don't even tell you, it is up to you to check.

They can also change in value can't they? One week/month you get could £250,000 and the next week/month it could be less or more. So you have to judge when the best time is to sell or not.

They can also change in value can't they? One week/month you get could £250,000 and the next week/month it could be less or more. So you have to judge when the best time is to sell or not.

I've never noticed that. I usually sell at the first opportunity or ignore them and never check again, I'll have to look out for them changing.

I've never noticed that. I usually sell at the first opportunity or ignore them and never check again, I'll have to look out for them changing.

Im sure someone on here said that the values of some of the clauses which could be sold have changed sometimes. However my memory isn't as good as it used to be, so I could be wrong.

Wow Your paying somebody £21,000 A week to leave your club? How badly did you want to get rid of them? lol Just noticed it's for another 2.5 years too :|

He was 31 and on a long, expensive contract (something like £70k p/w). My fault really, I shouldn't have given him such a long contract when there was a chance of him deteriorating like he did. Still, it was a good deal for me as it saved me quite a bit on a player that wouldn't have featured.

Out of interest Dafuge, how easy is it to get '50% of next transfer fee' clause inserted? Do you have to compromise on the fee you received?

I always add that clause, and it's always accepted. It'd be foolish not to add it, since the other team seemingly always ignores it.

I wouldnt exactly say it would be foolish not to have it in, I know from experience that deals have been scuppered in FM when playing around with such clauses, so its in no way fool proof

Although there's obviously no way to prove it, I've never gotten the impression that sell-on clauses affect the transfer fee at all. For example, if you add 'additional fees', the other team will usually come with a new offer where that fee or the transfer fee has been changed. I've never ever gotten a counter offer where the sell-on clause is different, after I've changed it.

I always put 50% clause into a deal. Noramlly only sell 18/19yo who won't make my team or 27/28yo who want a new challenge.

I find that as im trying to off load them i can't get much above twice there value so add 50% clause in to make more money later on.

Also as i tend to get most off my players as 16yo i have to pay 15% to their old club so adding 50% more then covers that cost.

Edit

Just brought out some off my 50% clause's and made £25mil. Knew there was a reason i put that in.

I always put 50% clause into a deal. Noramlly only sell 18/19yo who won't make my team or 27/28yo who want a new challenge.

I find that as im trying to off load them i can't get much above twice there value so add 50% clause in to make more money later on.

Also as i tend to get most off my players as 16yo i have to pay 15% to their old club so adding 50% more then covers that cost.

Edit

Just brought out some off my 50% clause's and made £25mil. Knew there was a reason i put that in.

I was aware that you could sell theclauses for more cash but for some reason I never ever check this in FM10. I will certainly be more vigilant in FM11!

He was 31 and on a long, expensive contract (something like £70k p/w). My fault really, I shouldn't have given him such a long contract when there was a chance of him deteriorating like he did. Still, it was a good deal for me as it saved me quite a bit on a player that wouldn't have featured.

haha, one time I got hired by a new club and there was a really useless player in the reserves, making around 25k p/w with a year left on his deal. a Championship club agreed to sign him for a 1m transfer fee - but only offered him 200 p/w wages! I ended up paying him around 99% of his deal to leave the club.

I usually do as mentioned above. If any other clubs become interested in one of my young player who aren't part of my plans, I'll offer him to them at current value and put the 50% clause in there.

I don't often make much out of the clause though. As per real life premier teams, it's difficult for a young Engish players to get into the first team and increase his value.

Archived