Why do we never see this?

I saw a clear handball in my game. My striker shot the ball and it was deflected by the foot of the DC. His deflection went directly into the arm/upperbody shoulder area of the DR standing a couple feet from him. This happened in the box and was clearly a handball on the ME. Why then is this neveeeeer, eveeeer called on anybody but the keeper, and on him very, very, very rarely?

This is a big detractor from the game because just about any game you watch IRL you will see at least one handball, incidental or not. This is something that IMO needs to be implement ASAP into FM11.

yeah me too, my keeper came rushing out to collect the ball dived on it..next minute he got sent off!, i can only persume his momentum took him outside the area. Somehow i dont know how i managed to hang on to win 2-1

Handball isn't an offence that is committed very often IRL. I see it awarded a reasonable amount in game- if you look at the commentary, it says "[Defender] handballed". However, whilst I may be wrong, I can't remember it resulting in a penalty.

As for the incident in the OP, if the defender was only a few yards away and it hit his upper arm/shoulder area, it shouldn't have been a penalty.

I have seen a penalty from a handball, but if you don't watch the match in full detail then you are less likely to see any handballs outside the box as they aren't exactly highlights.

This. You see them when they matter, but they're hardly worth a highlight alone.

yeah me too, my keeper came rushing out to collect the ball dived on it..next minute he got sent off!

Really? I've never seen a keeper sent off for ANYTHING in fm. Obviously I haven't been paying attention.

Handball isn't an offence that is committed very often IRL. I see it awarded a reasonable amount in game- if you look at the commentary, it says "[Defender] handballed". However, whilst I may be wrong, I can't remember it resulting in a penalty.

As for the incident in the OP, if the defender was only a few yards away and it hit his upper arm/shoulder area, it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Im not saying the defender did it on purpose, but when it happens isn't the ball considered dead and a free kick awarded? And when it happened in my match I wasn't calling for a penalty per se, just stating that shouldn't there have been a dead ball or something? I know when I watch the Japanese Leagues here handballs are pretty frequent although most are incidental, not like that WC game where the guy saved the goal.

Archived