Is this my son?

Its either a coinsidence, and he likes you as your his manager and are helping him through the ranks at the club...

Or

He is your son, and seeing as your english and have moved to spain, they add the funny dash for pronunciation... not sure though :L

Sons can appear in the game, as confirmed by SI.

Though they are very rare.

They will have the same name as you and you will be on their favourites list. It helps if you have a realy uncommon name or a nickname as your last name in FM as it makes it far easier to spot them and tell if they are actualy "sons" or not.

also please do remeber that whilst manager of a club, it is very common knowledge that regens that enter the game from season 2 onwards may have you in their favoured personnel. I have seen that more often than not in fm2010 saved games.

Unless you are spanish then he is not your son in game

Rather than create a new thread...in my aldershot game I have a rather cracking player called Prince Kwarteng. He is 21 currently and is from Ghana. Now last season I had a youth player come through on the 26th processing date...a ghanian by the name of Abass Kwarteng who was born in England but has Ghanaian nationallity aswell. Are they brothers?? Prince was born and played his football in Ghana before I got him, whereas Abass was born in England. They are not on each others favoured personell list, but it seems like a big coincidence for Abass to come through with the same last name as Prince.

Rather than create a new thread...in my aldershot game I have a rather cracking player called Prince Kwarteng. He is 21 currently and is from Ghana. Now last season I had a youth player come through on the 26th processing date...a ghanian by the name of Abass Kwarteng who was born in England but has Ghanaian nationallity aswell. Are they brothers?? Prince was born and played his football in Ghana before I got him, whereas Abass was born in England. They are not on each others favoured personell list, but it seems like a big coincidence for Abass to come through with the same last name as Prince.

I would say they aren't; I had two Brazilian brothers (at least I was convinced they were...) in a FM 09 save once. The elder brother was one of the world's best strikers, while his younger brother was an awful goalkeeper. Both had each other in their respective favoured personels. And the older brother was also still present at Fluminense (I bought them as Arsenal) when the younger one came through the academy.

Both also had a rather uncommon surname (shame I do not have the screenshots anymor :( ) - it was a typical Brazilian surname: pretty long (think 4 'words', both players had a nickname - striker was called Ze Maria, can't remember the goalkeeper's name).

As I said, I bought Ze Maria as Arsenal manager and actually bought the very awful younger brother only because I didn't want him to retire. That would've been very likely because if Fluminense wouldn't have renewed his contract, which they probably wouldn't and certainly shouldn't have, no one would've picked him up.

Kevin spawned in 2015 at AZ Alkmaar where Stanley was managing at the time and they had each other as FP so I presume they are Kin.

It's now 2033 and Stanley has now retired and Kevin has gone into scouting.

Dutch manager seem to have good offspring it seems :p - I have Martin Everse, son of current Sparta Rotterdam manager Jan Everse, in my game. He actually is a world class defender, who also plays in a position where 'our national team' lacks some world class quality: he is a left footed central defender, who is also a natural left back.

It seems the brothers are actually from an early FM 10 save; just checked their names.

They were from Palmeiras BTW, and are both born in Sao Paulo:

- older brother: world class striker; Jose Maria Botelho Sena, known as Ze Maria

- younger brother: awful goalie; Fernando Antoni0 Botelho Sena; known as Fernando

What is also awkward, but of course not completely impossible, is that Ze Maria is white and Fernando black :S.

It seems the brothers are actually from an early FM 10 save; just checked their names.

They were from Palmeiras BTW, and are both born in Sao Paulo:

- older brother: world class striker; Jose Maria Botelho Sena, known as Ze Maria

- younger brother: awful goalie; Fernando Antoni0 Botelho Sena; known as Fernando

What is also awkward, but of course not completely impossible, is that Ze Maria is white and Fernando black :S.

LOL

Now what's your theory on this ?

I am glad to see brothers are in the game, as well as sons of AI managers and not only humans. However, all these "eggs" are not happenning enough. I wouldn't want it to be common and systematic, but just a little bit more, especially for long term saves, like a "reward" for the most implicated players.

Regarding this thread. I don't think the guys from Ghana are brothers as they are not in favoured personel. Their name might be common in Ghana, and this would be a reason.

Regarding Martin, I don't think he is a son : first 2013 appears to me a bit early to see something like that : many sons would have been talked about on the forum. And the fact that we don't see the manager profile, where the son would appear as well.

LOL

Now what's your theory on this ?

I am glad to see brothers are in the game, as well as sons of AI managers and not only humans. However, all these "eggs" are not happenning enough. I wouldn't want it to be common and systematic, but just a little bit more, especially for long term saves, like a "reward" for the most implicated players.

I hear you. 2061 and still waiting for a son. Then again , I'm 85 and I have probably been shooting blanks for quite some time now. hell, I probably can't even get it up anymore.

Archived