Fining players

what do you do to a player who gets 2 yellows in first half?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. what do you do to a player who gets 2 yellows in first half?

• issue warning
    • fine 1 weeks wages
    • fine 2 weeks wages
    • nothing

Earlier today, managing England vs Belarus, Jack Wilshere tackled a guy from behind an 14 minutes, and gets booked for it. A few seconds elapse whilst the players from both sides position themselves for the free kick. In the same passage of play, 2 seconds after the free kick is taken, Wilshere does exactly the same thing, and gets his second booking.

However as international manager I am not allowed to issue any kind of warning, which I think is a shame :(

2 yellows a warning, straight red: 1 weeks fine. Then if any more players get a red soon after i fine them 2 weeks wage.

I used to fine a player 1 weeks wage who got sent of more than once with 2 yellows, but they alway's get upset.

You can have a player who as been sent of 5 times already, and he gets 2 yellows and you fine him 1 weeks wage, and he will get unhappy about unfair treatment. So now it's always just a warning for 2 yellows as it's not worth destroying the team morale.

My best defender for a time, Steven Taylor liked seeing Yellow and Red, warned him every suspension for around 5 seasons! As it wasn't working I fined him. He was upset for a time, but got over it. Now he is over it he is collecting cards all over again.

Fine, warning. They never learn.

Nothing for the first offence of two yellows- warning if it happens again or too many yellows, then a fine for the third time.

Nothing for a first red, unless it is for viloent conduct, when I will give a warning. Secind offence is a warning/fine, depending on the offence.

Getting a warning or fine for your first offence is very hard and would go against almost all workplace diciplinary procedures.

Fining, or even warnings, are actually pretty pointless in my experience... they don't really seem to get the point why they were fined, so you don't really get anything good from it, but most of the time they whine about unfair treatment so just makes matters worse.

They will also complain about a lack of discipline at the club if you let everything go.

Warning for two yellows and 1 week fines for straight reds very rarely get complaints in my experience.

My best defender for a time, Steven Taylor liked seeing Yellow and Red, warned him every suspension for around 5 seasons! As it wasn't working I fined him. He was upset for a time, but got over it. Now he is over it he is collecting cards all over again.

He does like a card. Signed him for Tottenham, got sent off or suspended 7 or 8 times I think in his first season. Has been better for me on my Newcastle save though.

2 yellows, first time = 1 week fine.

straight Red, first time = 2 week fine

2 yellows, second time = 2 week fine

straight red, second time = 2 week fine + transfer listed.

2 yellows, third time = 2 week fine + transfer listed.

That's my system, players moan about it when I fine for two yellows but they get over it soon enough.

2 yellows, first time = 1 week fine.

straight Red, first time = 2 week fine

2 yellows, second time = 2 week fine

straight red, second time = 2 week fine + transfer listed.

2 yellows, third time = 2 week fine + transfer listed.

That's my system, players moan about it when I fine for two yellows but they get over it soon enough.

Transfer list part looks extremely harsh to me.

Transfer list part looks extremely harsh to me.

It probably is pretty harsh but I live by the sayings 'no one is bigger than the club' and 'every player has his price', so if they don't want to play by my rules they can go elsewhere and collect wages while serving suspansions for some other manager.

The discipline system in FM is a bag of..., too often the outcome of your fine or warning seems to be determined by a coin flip that leaves you crossing your fingers that all goes well.

What I would prefer to see is the option to create a code of discipline at the start of the season,

10 yellows=1wk wages

red card=1wk wages

miss training/match=2wks wages

don't learn your lesson & do it again=train with the kids for a couple of weeks & get fined 2wks wages.

All these systems are, I suppose, fine, but they really only have value if they affect what the players do in the game. An elaborate system for fining, suspending from the first team, etc. won't help you much if it doesn't change the behavior (or as they might say overseas, behaviour) of the player.

Now, if your player shows a nasty tendency to be sent off the pitch, you certainly might think more than twice about replacing him in your squad with someone who has a bit more discretion when it comes to how and when to tackle opponents!

It probably is pretty harsh but I live by the sayings 'no one is bigger than the club' and 'every player has his price', so if they don't want to play by my rules they can go elsewhere and collect wages while serving suspansions for some other manager.

I like your attitude, lol

To be fair, you don't get many stories of players getting fined IRL for two yellows or suspensions.

I've heard people mentioning having to pay fines for cards at Sunday league level, not sure if this is common practice though, or if it is the case in professional football.

two yellows = warning

straight red = 1 or 2 week fine depending upon disciplinary record and harshness of challenge.

If a player has two reds no matter the source in a season though I'm going to fine him. I've thankfully never had a player get three.

I usually warn first time someone gets sent of whether it's 2 yellow or straight red. Then I give them 2 weeks fines after that.

If they don't accept the fine, and start moaning, I transfer list them and move them to the reserves until they regret their outburst. Don't think I've ever had a player stay angry more than a week or two.

Not sure if it helps or not, but I don't really care. It feels good to show them who's the boss. :D

I've heard people mentioning having to pay fines for cards at Sunday league level, not sure if this is common practice though, or if it is the case in professional football.

When I used to turn up for Sunday league there were two sets of fines, the FA fines for the card & the club fine which went into the Christmas party/end of season party fund.

First red card of the season I give a warning, if he gets a second I fine him a weeks wage, a third two weeks wage, and if I ever had someone who got a 4th I'd consider his future at the club, as they;d clearly have a discipline issue.

Archived