Grrr... Substitutions

Why can't we cancel a pending substitution because the on-pitch situation has changed? For instance, in my current match, the moment I decided to sub my midfield playmaker because he was playing badly, he goes and scores and suddenly he's the best player on the pitch. In that situation irl, it might be good to reverse the substitution and let him play on, but the game won't let you... a small but annoying oversight in the game?

I think the reason a lot of experience problems with this is because we watch the game on highlights only, and will often look to make a substitution while one of these highlights is showing.

I suspect that in real life, the submission of the substitution to the match officials happens just before the player is actually brought on, rather than potentially minutes before as can happen in FM. Perhaps waiting until the highlight has finished playing before hitting confirm could be our only strategy to avoid this problem?

Personally, I'd quite like a 'cancel changes' button. It may not be realistic in the way subs are submitted but it is a good compromise to account for the way the game shows us the highlights.

Could not agree more. I wouldn't care if SI changed nothing else other than transfer updates and subs for FM11, this really is the most annoying thing in the game for me. I watch on key highlights so experience the problem as Dafuge explains, in attempt to counter this I have started to wait until a highlight is over and the press pause and proceed to make my tactical changes, its not ideal, but its a way round the problem until SI can solve it.

Archived